Introduzione: la crisi economica e della scienza economica
AbstractThe article introduces to the current issue of the journal by critically reviewing the articles published therein in light of both recent literature and current economic developments. The main topics dealt with concern the role of mainstream economics and ideology in creating the cultural and economic environment that lead to the crisis in the first place and that hinders now an effective policy response to it. Due to its institutional and governance failures, the European Union and the Eurozone in particular are being more affected by the crisis than any other economic area. There, while the recently rescued big financial institutions have started enjoying large profits from trading and speculation again, the sustainability of sovereign debts is being put under pressure due to lack of confidence in the face of severe austerity packages and the associated bleak growth perspectives. Overall, uncertainty concerning the international political and economic environment seem the main hindrance to economic recovery. However, clear strategies to restore confidence and a seemingly stable and ÒcertainÓ economic context are not apparent at the horizon, with the necessary consequence that the financial crisis is most likely to continue exerting strong negative impacts on the real economy for a sustained period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 254 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Quadrio Curzio, 2011. "Economie in crisi: Eurolandia dalla resistenza alla ricostruzione," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 105-114.
- Angelo Reati, 2010. "Perch la teoria post-keynesiana non dominante," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 63(252), pages 341-363.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 2010. "The reconstruction of historical national accounts: the case of Italy," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(252), pages 77-96.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2010:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Bosi & Carlo D’Adda, 2011. "Politiche di sostegno della domanda in presenza di elevato debito pubblico," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 45-52.
- Francesco Carlucci, 2011. "Un'analisi quantitativa delle politiche di rientro dal disavanzo pubblico in Italia," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 135-175.
- Francisco Castro & Javier J. Pérez & Marta Rodríguez‐Vives, 2013.
"Fiscal Data Revisions in Europe,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1187-1209, 09.
- Francisco de Castro & Javier J. Pérez & Marta Rodríguez Vives, 2011. "Fiscal data revisions in Europe," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 1106, Banco de Espa�a.
- de Castro Fernández, Francisco & Pérez, Javier J. & Rodríguez-Vives, Marta, 2011. "Fiscal data revisions in Europe," Working Paper Series 1342, European Central Bank.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2011:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2011. "Macroeconomie in crisi e macroeconomie in ripresa," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 115-133.
- Terenzio Cozzi, 2011. "La crisi della macroeconomia," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 31-44.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2011. "Ancora sulla crisi," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 9-13.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2010:9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2010. "Economic policy dilemmas in front of the crisis," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(254), pages 181-185.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2011. "Introduction: the crisis of economies and economics," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(257), pages 95-103.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.