Perch la teoria post-keynesiana non dominante
AbstractThe first part of this review of the Pasinetti's (2010) book on the Keynesian school summarizes the reasons why the Keynesian theory was an "unaccomplished scientific revolution". As explained by Pasinetti, Keynes neglected some essential building blocks of his theoretical construction, and the Cambridge Keynesians did not fill the gap completely. This prevented the classical/Keynesian paradigm to prevail with respect to its Marginalist-Neoclassical rival. The present theoretical impasse Ð Pasinetti argues Ð can be overcome by the adoption of the methodological device of the "separation principle" by distinguishing the phase of "pure theory", to be elaborated at a logical stage that precedes institutions, from the (applied) institutional analysis. In the second part of the paper I show that, while Pasinetti's suggestion is fully valid, the theoretical strength of a paradigm is a necessary but not sufficient condition for becoming dominant. As the last decades show, the success or failure of a paradigm is also crucially dependent on social and power relations in society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 63 (2010)
Issue (Month): 252 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2011. "Introduzione: la crisi economica e della scienza economica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 95-104.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2011. "Introduction: the crisis of economies and economics," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(257), pages 95-103.
- Passarella, Marco, 2011. "From the village fair to Wall Street. The Italian reception of Minsky’s economic thought," MPRA Paper 49593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.