Politiche di sostegno della domanda in presenza di elevato debito pubblico
AbstractThis article presents an economic policy proposal, aiming at stimulating the growth of the Italian economy over a period of unsatisfactory performance and limited possibility to expand the government expenditure due to the high level of public debt. The basic idea is a Keynesian one: using fiscal incentives to increase the consumption/income ratio of the private sector. In this way private action may become a substitute for (impossible) government action. A simulation of the envisaged incentive policy by means of an econometric model of the Italian economy (Prometeia model) helps estimate the likely effects of the proposal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 253 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2011. "Introduction: the crisis of economies and economics," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(257), pages 95-103.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2011. "Introduzione: la crisi economica e della scienza economica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 95-104.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2011. "Macroeconomics in crisis and macroeconomics in recovery," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(257), pages 167-185.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.