Ins and Outs of Polish Unemployment
AbstractThis paper studies flows on the labour market in Poland in 1995-2008. We show that the main driving force behind the unemployment rate is the behaviour of outflow to employment. In addition, this flow is found to be procyclical, while the separation rate is acyclical.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEJEME in its journal Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cejeme.org/
unemployment; job finding; worker flows;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael R. Darby & John C. Haltiwanger & Mark W. Plant, 1986.
"The Ins and Outs of Unemployment: The Ins Win,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
411, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2008.
"The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0853, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2008. "The Ins and Outs of European Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 3315, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Diamond, Peter, 1992.
"The Flow Approach to Labor Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 354-59, May.
- Michael W. Elsby & Ryan Michaels & Gary Solon, 2007.
"The Ins and Outs of Cyclical Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
12853, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415, July.
- Myck, Michal & Morawski, Leszek & Mycielski, Jerzy, 2006.
"Employment Fluctuations and Dynamics of the Aggregate Average Wage in Poland 1996-2003,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michal Myck & Leszek Morawski & Jerzy Mycielski, 2007. "Employment fluctuations and dynamics of the aggregate average wage in Poland, 1996-2003," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 15, pages 759-779, October.
- Michal Myck & Leszek Morawski & Jerzy Mycielski, 2006. "Employment Fluctuations and Dynamics of the Aggregate Average Wage in Poland 1996 - 2003," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 545, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John Haltiwanger & Milan Vodopivec, 2002.
"Worker Flows, Job Flows and Firm Wage Policies: An Analysis of Slovenia,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
486, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002. "Worker Flows, Job Flows and Firm Wage Policies: An Analysis of Slovenia," IZA Discussion Papers 569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2009.
"The Cyclicality Of Separation And Job Finding Rates,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 415-430, 05.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2007. "The cyclicality of separation and job finding rates," Working Papers 07-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Davis, Steven J. & Faberman, R. Jason & Haltiwanger, John C., 2005. "The Flow Approach to Labor Markets: New Data Sources, Micro-Macro Links and the Recent Downturn," IZA Discussion Papers 1639, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pedro Portugal & Olivier Blanchard, 2001. "What Hides Behind an Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 187-207, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.