Grant support in management of sport infrastructure of municipalities
AbstractCurrent support for the development of sports infrastructure in municipalities is very different due to the high rate of economic liberalization in the municipalities. As documented in a case study of cities Olomouc and Mladá Boleslav - it depends on the individual municipalities approach to this issue. One of the causes of excessive budget burdens is gradual preference of services provided by own sport infrastructure and formally (nonparametrically) practiced grant support. The aim of this paper is to present concept of an alternative approach to the development of sport infrastructure funding in municipalities. The methodology is based on the analysis and synthesis of data on utilization of finance for the development of sport and physical education from budgets of selected regions and two cities in case studies. The authors of the paper represent one of the possible solutions of sport municipal infrastructure development, which is based on supporting a reasonable development of municipal sport infrastructure owned by the city and higher grant sport support, which allows to achieve higher flexibility of offered services, as well as a higher form of their effectiveness in terms of cost flexibility of future budget expenses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Ekonomika a Management.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.