Risk Aversion, Liquidity, and Endogenous Short Horizons
AbstractWe analyze a competitive model in which different information signals get reflected in value at different points in time. If investors are sufficiently risk averse, we obtain an equilibrium in which all investors focus exclusively on the short term. In addition, we show that increasing the variance of informationless trading increases market depth but causes a greater proportion of investors to focus on the short-term signal, which decreases the informativeness of prices about the long run. Finally, we also explore parameter spaces under which long-term informed agents wish to voluntarily disclose their information. Article published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society for Financial Studies in its journal, The Review of Financial Studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Studies in its journal Review of Financial Studies.
Volume (Year): 9 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Journals Department, 2001 Evans Road, Cary, NC 27513 USA.
Web page: http://www.rfs.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2009.
"Money in a DSGE framework with an application to the Euro Zone,"
ESSEC Working Papers
DR 09005, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2012. "Money and risk in a DSGE framework: A Bayesian application to the Eurozone," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 95-111.
- Jonathan Benchimol & André Fourçans, 2010. "Money and risk aversion in a DSGE framework : a bayesian application to the euro zone," Post-Print hal-00572374, HAL.
- André Fourçans & Jonathan Benchimol, 2009. "Money in a DSGE framework with an application to the Euro Zone," Post-Print hal-00553495, HAL.
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2010. "Money and Risk Aversion in a DSGE Framework: A Bayesian Application to the Euro Zone," ESSEC Working Papers DR 10005, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2008. "Information Sales and Insider Trading with Long-Lived Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 639-672, 04.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2000.
"Short-term investment and equilibrium multiplicity,"
Economics Working Papers
520, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2002.
- Cespa, Giovanni, 2002. "Short-term investment and equilibrium multiplicity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1645-1670, October.
- Avanidhar Subrahmanyam & Sheridan Titman, 2013. "Financial Market Shocks and the Macroeconomy," NBER Working Papers 19383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2007. "Information Sales and Insider Trading with Long-lived Information," Working Papers 613, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2005.
"Rational Information Choice in Financial Market Equilibrium,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt5q4764nj, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005. "Rational Information Choice in Financial Market Equilibrium," CESifo Working Paper Series 1436, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thomas Conlon & John Cotter & Ramazan Gencay, 2012. "Commodity futures hedging, risk aversion and the hedging horizon," Working Papers 201218, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Holden, Craig W. & Lundstrum, Leonard L., 2009. "Costly trade, managerial myopia, and long-term investment," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 126-135, January.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Pouget, Sébastien, 2009. "Fund Managers' Contracts and Financial Markets' Short-Termism," IDEI Working Papers 553, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2011.
- SHerrill Shaffer, 2008.
"Strategic Risk Aversion,"
CAMA Working Papers
2008-25, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Watts, Susan G., 1998. "Information acquisition, information release and trading dynamics," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 221-252, August.
- Matthew Spiegel, 1997. "Closed-End Fund Discounts in a Rational Agent Economy," Finance 9712002, EconWPA.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Pouget, Sébastien, 2009. "Fund Managers' Contracts and Short-Termism," TSE Working Papers 09-042, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.