Futures Trading, Rational Expectations, and the Efficient Markets Hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 49 (1981)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard K. Lyons., 1993.
"Optimal Transparency in a Dealership Market with an Application to Foreign Exchange,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-231, University of California at Berkeley.
- Richard K. Lyons, 1993. "Optimal Transparency in a Dealership Market with an Application to Foreign Exchange," NBER Working Papers 4467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ap Gwilym, Rhys & Ebrahim, M. Shahid, 2013. "Can position limits restrain ‘rogue’ trading?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 824-836.
- Palm, F.C. & Vogelvang, E., 1985. "An econometric analysis of the short-run demand for coffee," Serie Research Memoranda 0017, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Salm, Christian A. & Schuppli, Michael, 2010. "Positive feedback trading in stock index futures: International evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 313-322, December.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2008. "Learning from experience and trading volume," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 245-260, December.
- Murizah Osman Salleh & Aziz Jaafar & M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2011. "The Inhibition of Usury (Riba An-Nasi'ah) and the Economic Underdevelopment of the Muslim World," Working Papers 11002, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Matthew Spiegel, 1996. "Stock Price Volatility in a Multiple Security Overlapping Generations Model," Finance 9608002, EconWPA.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1996. "Common knowledge: The case of linear regression," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 285-304.
- Michael Sockin & Wei Xiong, 2013. "Informational Frictions and Commodity Markets," NBER Working Papers 18906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arif Oduncu, 2011. "The Effects of Currency Futures Trading on Turkish Currency Market," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 5(1), pages 97-109.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet, 2008. "The impact of futures trading on volatility of the underlying asset in the Turkish stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(12), pages 2837-2845.
- Gumbel, Alexander, 2005. "Herding in delegated portfolio management: When is comparative performance information desirable?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 599-626, April.
- Gilbert, Christopher L., 1990. "The rational expectations hypothesis in models of primary commodity prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 384, The World Bank.
- Palm, F C & Vogelvang, E, 1986.
"A Short-run Econometric Analysis of the International Coffee Market,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 451-76.
- Palm, F.C. & Vogelvang, E., 1986. "A short run econometric analysis of the international coffee market," Serie Research Memoranda 0013, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2004. "Order imbalance and individual stock returns: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 485-518, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.