Delegation, Commitment, and the Regulatory Mandate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.
Volume (Year): 8 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://jleo.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cécile Aubert & Jérôme Pouyet, 2004.
"Competition policy, regulation and the institutional design of industry supervision,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 70(2), pages 153-168.
- Cécile AUBERT & Jérôme POUYET, 2004. "Competition policy, regulation and the institutional design of industry supervision," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2004022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Heyes, Anthony & Kapur, Sandeep, 2009. "Enforcement missions: Targets vs budgets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 129-140, September.
- Gervan Fearon, 2001. "Endogenous public sector budgeting: to centralize or not?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 504-524, May.
- Paul Levine & Paul Levine & Jon Stern & Francesc Trillas, 2003. "Independent Utility Regulators: Lessons from Monetary Policy," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0403, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Raffaele Fiocco & Roland Strausz, 2012. "Consumer Standards as a Strategic Device to Mitigate Ratchet Effects in Dynamic Regulation," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-055, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Brito Duarte & Pereira Pedro & Vareda João, 2013.
"Investment, Dynamic Consistency and the Sectoral Regulator’s Objective,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 563-594, August.
- Brito, Duarte & Pereira, Pedro & Vareda, João, 2011. "Investment, dynamic consistency and the sectoral regulator's obective," 8th Asia-Pacific Regional ITS Conference, Taipei 2011: Convergence in the Digital Age 52341, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Estache, Antonio & Wren-Lewis, Liam, 2010.
"What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8082, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antonio Estache & Liam Wren-Lewis, 2010. "What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Knieps, Günter & Weiß, Hans-Jörg, 2008. "Regulatory agencies and regulatory risk," Discussion Papers 118 [rev.], University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- George A. Krause & David E. Lewis & James W. Douglas, 2013. "Politics Can Limit Policy Opportunism in Fiscal Institutions: Evidence from Official General Fund Revenue Forecasts in the American States," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 271-295, 03.
- Moser, Peter, 1999. "The impact of legislative institutions on public policy: a survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Raffaele Fiocco & Roland Strausz, 2014. "Consumer Standards as a Strategic Device to Mitigate Ratchet Effects in Dynamic Regulation," CESifo Working Paper Series 4758, CESifo Group Munich.
- Evans, Joanne & Levine, Paul & Trillas, Francesc, 2008.
"Lobbies, delegation and the under-investment problem in regulation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-40, January.
- Joanne Evans & Paul Levine & Fransesc Trillas, 2006. "Lobbies, Delegation and the Under-investment Problem in Regulation," School of Economics Discussion Papers 2006, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Rocco Ciciretti & Simone Meraglia & Gustavo Piga, 2011. "Capture, Politics and Antitrust Effectiveness," CEIS Research Paper 208, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 05 Apr 2013.
- Levine, Paul L & Rickman, Neil, 2002.
"Price Regulation, Investment and the Commitment Problem,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3200, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Levine & Neil Rickman, 2003. "Price Regulation, Investment and the Commitment Problem," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0603, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead," Working Papers ECARES 2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Spiegel, Yossef, 1997. "The choice of technology and capital structure under rate regulation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 191-216, April.
- Joanne Evans & Paul Levine & Neil Rickman & Francesc Trillas, 2011. "Delegation to Independent Regulators and the Ratchet Effect," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0911, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Fremeth, Adam R. & Holburn, Guy L. F., 2010. "Information Asymmetries and Regulatory Decision Costs: An Analysis of U.S. Electric Utility Rate Changes 1980–2000," Working paper 595, Regulation2point0.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.