Effectiveness of Farm Policies on Social and Economic Development in Rural Areas
AbstractA methodology for estimating the impact of agricultural support payments on both farm output and the wider economy at regional level is outlined and applied to one Scottish region. Using a Johansen-type model of the agriculture sector, the impact of support changes on agricultural output is forecast. A regional input-output matrix is derived and used to calculate income and employment multipliers for the main agricultural enterprises. Using these multipliers, forecasts of regional income and employment losses due to a partial reduction in agricultural support are made. Within the region, the spatial distribution of benefits is projected using a Gravity Model and mapped using a Geographic Information System. Copyright 1997 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Bednaříková, 2012. "The Economic Contribution of Agriculture for Rural Economy? An Application of Input-Output Analysis," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 265-285.
- Andrea BONFIGLIO, 2005. "Analysing EU Accession Effects in Romania by a Multiregional I-O Model," Working Papers 226, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bonfiglio, Andrea & Esposti, Roberto, 2011. "Assessing the Economic Impact of an Agricultural Project in a Petroleum-Exporting Country. The Case of Palm Oil in the Republic of Congo," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114260, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bonfiglio, Andrea, 2005. "The Impact of EU Accession in Romania: An Analysis of Regional Development Policy Effects by a Multiregional I-O Model," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24492, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anders, Sven & Harsche, Johannes & Herrmann, Roland, 2002. "The Regional Incidence of European Agricultural Policy: Measurement Concept and Empirical Evidence," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24900, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Topp, C. F. E. & Mitchell, M., 2003. "Forecasting the environmental and socio-economic consequences of changes in the Common Agricultural Policy," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 227-252, April.
- Bonfiglio, Andrea, 2006. "The Impact of Romania's Accession to the EU. An Analysis of the Effects of Regional Development Policy Through a Multi-regional I-O Model," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(2), August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.