On Market Equilibrium Analysis
AbstractIn this paper we develop the implications of competitive market equilibrium for production and household behavior when some prices are endogenously determined. The properties of market equilibrium functions are explored, including the effects of pricing policy. A Slutsky-type equation relating compensated and uncompensated market equilibrium functions is derived. Implications for multimarket welfare analysis are presented, focusing on the effects of pricing policy and technical change. Copyright 1997, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 79 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Jean Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1996. "On Market Equilibrium Analysis," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 393, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John E. Floyd, 1965. "The Effects of Farm Price Supports on the Returns to Land and Labor in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 148.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Thurman, Walter N. & Easley, J. Jr., 1992. "Valuing changes in commercial fishery harvests: A general equilibrium derived demand analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 226-240, May.
- Just, Richard E & Hueth, Darrell L, 1979. "Welfare Measures in a Multimarket Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 947-54, December.
- Braulke, Michael, 1984. "The Firm in Short-run Industry Equilibrium: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 750-53, September.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1981. "The Elasticity of Derived Net Supply and a Generalized Le Chatelier Principle," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1982. "Theory of the Firm in "Short-Run" Industry Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 555-62, June.
- Braulke, Michael, 1987. "On the Comparative Statics of a Competitive Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 479-85, June.
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-73, August.
- Reed, Albert J. & Levedahl, J. William & Hallahan, Charles B., 2004. "The Generalized Composite Commodity Theorem And Food Demand Estimation," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20107, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Perrin, Richard K. & Fulginiti, Lilyan E., 1998. "Technological Change And Welfare In An Economy With Distortions," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21013, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.