Abstract Of On Market Equilibrium Analysis
AbstractThe paper develops the implications of competitive market equilibrium for production and household behavior when some prices are endogenously determined. The properties of market equilibrium functions are explored, including the effects of pricing policy. A Slutsky-type equation relating compensated and uncompensated market equilibrium functions is derived. Implications for multi-market welfare analysis are presented, focusing on the effects of pricing policy and technical change.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE in its series Staff Papers with number 393.
Date of creation: Mar 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Wisconsin, Dept. of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 427 Lorch Street, Madison, WI 53706
Web page: http://www.aae.wisc.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- John E. Floyd, 1965. "The Effects of Farm Price Supports on the Returns to Land and Labor in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 148.
- Just, Richard E & Hueth, Darrell L, 1979. "Welfare Measures in a Multimarket Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 947-54, December.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1982. "Theory of the Firm in "Short-Run" Industry Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 555-62, June.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1981. "The Elasticity of Derived Net Supply and a Generalized Le Chatelier Principle," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Thurman, Walter N. & Easley, J. Jr., 1992. "Valuing changes in commercial fishery harvests: A general equilibrium derived demand analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 226-240, May.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Braulke, Michael, 1984. "The Firm in Short-run Industry Equilibrium: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 750-53, September.
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-73, August.
- Braulke, Michael, 1987. "On the Comparative Statics of a Competitive Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 479-85, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.