New Zealand's currency risk premium
AbstractIn this article we examine whether New Zealand having its own currency leads to higher interest rates in New Zealand when compared to Australia or the United States.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its journal Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 63 (2000)
Issue (Month): (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Makin & Wei Zhang & Grant Scobie, 2009.
"The contribution of foreign borrowing to the New Zealand economy,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 263-278.
- Anthony Makin & Wei Zhang & Grant Scobie, 2008. "The Contribution of Foreign Borrowing to the New Zealand Economy," Treasury Working Paper Series 08/03, New Zealand Treasury.
- Dean Scrimgeour, 2001. "Exchange rate volatility and Currency Union: Some theory and New Zealand evidence," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2001/04, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2009.
"Anchoring Fiscal Expectations,"
Caepr Working Papers
2009-015, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Cameron, Linda & Chapple, Bryan & Davis, Nick & Kousis , Artemisia & Lewis, Geoff, 2007. "New Zealand Financial Markets, Saving and Investment," Occasional Papers 07/5, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Iris Claus & Veronica Jacobsen & Brock Jera, 2004. "Financial Systems and Economic Growth: An Evaluation Framework for Policy," Treasury Working Paper Series 04/17, New Zealand Treasury.
- Joanne Archibald & Leni Hunter, 2001. "What is the neutral real interest rate, and how can we use it?," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 64, September.
- Andrew Coleman, 2001. "Three Perspectives on an Australasian Monetary Union," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: David Gruen & John Simon (ed.), Future Directions for Monetary Policies in East Asia Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Iris Claus & David Haugh & Grant Scobie & Jonas Tornquist, 2001. "Saving and growth in an open economy," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/32, New Zealand Treasury.
- Anella Munro, 2005. "UIP, Expectations and the Kiwi," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2005/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.