Trust and Commitment in Professional Service Marketing Relationships in Business-to-Business Markets
AbstractThis paper examines two very important concepts in marketing relationships – trust and commitment – whereby commitment is regarded as consisting of three components: affective, calculative and normative. The context of this study is professional services in a business-to-business market, more specifically the marketing research industry in Slovenia. The results show that trust in the marketing research provider and its work is very high among interviewed clients. The clients also appear to be affectively committed to the relationship with the provider, whereas calculative and normative commitment are low. The study’s results confirm the positive influence of trust on affective commitment and the weak negative influence of trust on calculative commitment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its journal Managing Global Transitions.
Volume (Year): 5 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Ruyter, Ko & Wetzels, Martin, 1999. "Commitment in auditor-client relationships: antecedents and consequences," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 57-75, January.
- Lohtia, Ritu & Bello, Daniel C. & Yamada, Teruhisa & Gilliland, David I., 2005. "The role of commitment in foreign-Japanese relationships: mediating performance for foreign sellers in Japan," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(8), pages 1009-1018, August.
- Gounaris, Spiros P., 2005. "Trust and commitment influences on customer retention: insights from business-to-business services," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 126-140, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.