Quantile estimates of the impact of R&D intensity on firm performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
R&D activities; Firm growth; Quantile regressions; L25; O33; C21; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2005.
"Innovation and Employment: Evidence from Italian Microdata,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 65-83, October.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2003. "Innovation and Employment: Evidence from Italian Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2006. "Innovation and market value: a quantile regression analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(13), pages 1-10.
- Van Reenen, John, 1997. "Employment and Technological Innovation: Evidence from U.K. Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 255-84, April.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1996.
"Scale, Scope, and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 32-59, Spring.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, . "Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery," Working Papers ec25/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Jakob Klette & Svein Erik F�rre, 1998. "Innovation And Job Creation In A Smallopen Economy-Evidence From Norwegian Manufacturing Plants 1982-92," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2-4), pages 247-272.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-74, August.
- Hall, Bronwyn H., 1993.
"Industrial Research During the 1980s: Did the Rate of Return Fall?,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt33d879r9, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall., 1993. "Industrial Research During the 1980s: Did the Rate of Return Fall?," Economics Working Papers 93-217, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Mariacristina Piva & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli, 2010.
"Is Corporate R&D Investment In High-Tech Sectors More Effective?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 353-365, 07.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Mariacristina Piva & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli, 2009. "Is Corporate R&D Investment in High-Tech Sectors More Effective?," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises0955, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Stefan Lachenmaier & Horst Rottmann, 2007.
"Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 227(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Stefan Lachenmaier & Horst Rottmann, 2006. "Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Papers No. 27, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rottmann, Horst & Lachenmaier, Stefan, 2007. "Employment effects of innovation at the firm level," OTH im Dialog: Weidener Diskussionspapiere 3, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Evans, David S, 1987. "The Relationship between Firm Growth, Size, and Age: Estimates for 100 Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 567-81, June.
- Goedhuys, Micheline & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 2009.
"High-Growth Entrepreneurial Firms in Africa: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Micheline Goedhuys & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2010. "High-growth entrepreneurial firms in Africa: a quantile regression approach," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 31-51, January.
- Jakob Klette & Samuel Kortum, 2002.
"Innovating firms and aggregate innovation,"
300, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Kortum, Samuel, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," Memorandum 02/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Kortum, Samuel S, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Samuel Kortum, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," NBER Working Papers 8819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Stam & Karl Wennberg, 2009.
"The role of R&D in new firm growth,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-004, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Coad, Alex & Rao, Rekha, 2008.
"Innovation and firm growth in high-tech sectors: A quantile regression approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 633-648, May.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2006. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," LEM Papers Series 2006/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2007. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 57, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Lotti, Francesca & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2007.
"Defending Gibrat’s Law as a Long-Run Regularity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2744, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2009. "Patents and profit rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 79-80, August.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275.
- Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2004. "Technological change and employment: some micro evidence from Italy," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 373-376.
- Takehiko Yasuda, 2005. "Firm Growth, Size, Age and Behavior in Japanese Manufacturing," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Chih-Hai Yang & Chia-Hui Huang, 2005. "R&D, Size and Firm Growth in Taiwan‘s Electronics Industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 477-487, December.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Westerberg, Hans Seerar, 2014. "The Return to R&D and Seller-buyer Interactions: A Quantile Regression Approach," Ratio Working Papers 231, The Ratio Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.