Privacy, property rights and efficiency: The economics of privacy as secrecy
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quantitative Marketing and Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111240
Privacy; Property rights; Personal data; Asymmetric information;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Pavan, Alessandro, 2006.
"On the optimality of privacy in sequential contracting,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 168-204, September.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2005. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1404, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1394, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Theory workshop papers 658612000000000067, UCLA Department of Economics.
- George J. Stigler, 1980. "An Introduction to Privacy in Economics and Politics," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 10, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Hal R. Varian, 2002.
"Contidioning Prices on Purchase History,"
- Katz, Michael L, 1983. "Non-Uniform Pricing, Output and Welfare under Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 37-56, January.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-83, December.
- Varian, Hal R., 1989. "Price discrimination," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 597-654 Elsevier.
- Levin, Jonathan, 2001.
"Information and the Market for Lemons,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 657-66, Winter.
- Posner, Richard A, 1981. "The Economics of Privacy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 405-09, May.
- Taylor, Curt, 2004. "Privacy and Information Acquisition in Competitive Markets," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt5hk0k89w, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-74, September.
- Charles M. Kahn & James McAndrews & William Roberds, 2000.
"A theory of transactions privacy,"
2000-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simeon Schudy & Verena Utikal, 2012.
"The Influence of (Im)perfect Data Privacy on the Acquisition of Personal Health Data,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2012-12, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Simeon Schudy & Verena Utikal, 2012. "The Influence of (Im)perfect Data Privacy on the Acquisition of Personal Health Data," TWI Research Paper Series 76, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Tucker, Catherine E., 2012. "The economics of advertising and privacy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 326-329.
- Hui, Kai-Lung & Png, Ivan P. L., 2005.
"The Economics of Privacy,"
- Luc Wathieu & Allan Friedman, 2009. "An Empirical Approach to Understanding Privacy Concerns," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-09-001, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, revised 14 Jan 2009.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2012.
"Privacy and Innovation,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 65 - 90.
- Michele Braun & James McAndrews & William Roberds & Richard Sullivan, 2008. "Understanding risk management in emerging retail payments," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 137-159.
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2010.
"Unwillingness to Pay for Privacy: A Field Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2012. "Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 25-27.
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2010. "Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2010-03, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Alastair R. Beresford & Dorothea Kübler & Sören Preibusch, 2011. "Unwillingness to Pay for Privacy: A Field Experiment," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- ROCHELANDET, Fabrice & TAI, Silvio H.T., 2012. "Do privacy laws affect the location decisions of internet firms? evidence for privacy havens," MPRA Paper 37354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.