The role of income in the formation of new cities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 149 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
City formation; Municipal incorporation; Redistribution; Population density; H0; H49; H79; R50;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
- H79 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juliet Ann Musso, 2001. "The Political Economy of City Formation in California: Limits to Tiebout Sorting," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 82(1), pages 139-153.
- Kenny, Lawrence W & Schmidt, Amy B, 1994. " The Decline in the Number of School Districts in the U.S.: 1950-1980," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 1-18, April.
- Filer, John E & Kenny, Lawrence W, 1980. "Voter Reaction to City-County Consolidation Referenda," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 179-90, April.
- Fisher, Ronald C. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1998. "Economic Influences on the Structure of Local Government in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 444-471, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.