The fundraising efficiency in U.S. non-profit art organizations: an application of a Bayesian estimation approach using the stochastic frontier production model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Fundraising efficiency; Stochastic frontier models; Bayesian estimation; Non-profit art organizations; Crowding out; C11; H32; H5; L31;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David J. Spiegelhalter & Nicola G. Best & Bradley P. Carlin & Angelika van der Linde, 2002. "Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 583-639.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2005.
"Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using WinBUGS,"
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2007. "Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis using WinBUGS," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 163-176, June.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Tyler, William G., 1978. "The stochastic frontier production function and average efficiency : An empirical analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 385-389, April.
- Paul Bishop & Steven Brand, 2003. "The efficiency of museums: a stochastic frontier production function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1853-1858.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001.
"Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients,"
DEOS Working Papers
130, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2002. "Stochastic frontier models with random coefficients," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 127-147.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients," Athens University of Economics and Business 130, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Kelvin Balcombe & Iain Fraser & Jae Kim, 2006. "Estimating technical efficiency of Australian dairy farms using alternative frontier methodologies," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 38(19), pages 2221-2236.
- KOOP, Gary & STEEL, Mark F. & OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, 1994. "Posterior Analysis of Stochastic Frontier Models using Gibbs Sampling," CORE Discussion Papers 1994061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Duncan, Brian, 1999. "Modeling charitable contributions of time and money," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 213-242, May.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Antonella Basso & Stefania Funari, 2004. "A Quantitative Approach to Evaluate the Relative Efficiency of Museums," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 195-216, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.