Posterior Analysis of Stochastic Frontier Models using Gibbs Sampling
AbstractIn this paper we describe the use of Gibbs sampling methods for making posterior inferences.in stochastic frontier models with composed error. We show how Gibbs sampling methods can greatly reduce the computational difficulties involved in analyzing such models. Our findings are illustrated in an empirical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1994061.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Coelli, Timothy J., 2005.
"A Bayesian approach to imposing curvature on distance functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 493-523, June.
- Tim J. Coelli & Chris O'Donnell, 2003. "A Bayesian Approach To Imposing Curvature On Distance Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Koop G., 2002.
"Comparing the Performance of Baseball Players: A Multiple-Output Approach,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 710-720, September.
- Gary Koop, 2004. "Comparing the Performance of Baseball Players: A Multiple Output Approach," ESE Discussion Papers 72, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 2000.
" A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 185-202.
- Osiewalski, J. & Koop, G. & Steel, M.F.J., 1997. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies," Discussion Paper 1997-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- C.J. O'Donnell & W.E. Griffiths, 2004.
"Estimating State-Contingent Production Frontiers,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
911, The University of Melbourne.
- Areal, Francisco J & Tiffin, Richard & Balcombe, Kelvin, 2010. "Provision of an environmental output within a multi-output distance function approach," MPRA Paper 25051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 1994.
"Bayesian Efficiency Analysis with a Flexible Form: The AIM Cost Function,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 339-46, July.
- Koop, G. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1994. "Bayesian efficiency analysis with a flexible form: The aim cost function," Discussion Paper 1994-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lambarraa, Fatima, 2011. "Dynamic Efficiency Analysis of Spanish Outdoor and Greenhouse Horticulture Sector," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114408, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2005.
"Estimating variable returns to scale production frontiers with alternative stochastic assumptions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 385-409, June.
- William E. Griffiths & Christopher J. O’Donnell, 2003. "Estimating Variable Returns to Scale Production Frontiers with Alternative Stochastic Assumptions," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 872, The University of Melbourne.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2005.
"Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using WinBUGS,"
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2007. "Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis using WinBUGS," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 163-176, June.
- Supawat Rungsuriyawiboon & Chris O'Donnell, 2004. "Curvature-Constrained Estimates of Technical Efficiency and Returns to Scale for U.S. Electric Utilities," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072004, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ley, Eduardo & Steel, Mark F J, 1996.
"On the Estimation of Demand Systems through Consumption Efficiency,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 539-43, August.
- Eduardo Ley & Mark F.J. Steel, 1995. "On the Estimation of Demand Systems Through Consumption Efficiency," Econometrics 9503001, EconWPA, revised 22 Feb 1996.
- Kamil Makieła, 2009. "Economic Growth Decomposition. An Empirical Analysis Using Bayesian Frontier Approach," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 1(4), pages 333-369, December.
- Seongho Song & David Yi, 2011. "The fundraising efficiency in U.S. non-profit art organizations: an application of a Bayesian estimation approach using the stochastic frontier production model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 171-180, April.
- Fernández, C. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1996. "On the Use of Panel Data in Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Models," Discussion Paper 1996-17, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goto, Mika & Makhija, Anil K., 2007. "The Impact of Competition and Corporate Structure on Productive Efficiency: The Case of the U.S. Electric Utility Industry, 1990-2004," Working Paper Series 2007-10, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.