Modelling Competition in the Textbook Market: Some Lessons still to Learn
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
horizontal differentiation; vertical integration; retail competition; textbooks; JEL classification; L13; L42; L82;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the economics of art and culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1673, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Canoy, Marcel & van Ours, Jan C. & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2006.
"The Economics of Books,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Canoy, Marcel & van der Ploeg, Frederick & van Ours, Jan C, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CEPR Discussion Papers 4892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel F. M. Canoy & Jan C. van Ours & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CESifo Working Paper Series 1414, CESifo Group Munich.
- Canoy, M.F.M. & Ours, J.C. van & Ploeg, F. van der, 2005. "The Economics of Books," Discussion Paper 2005-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2003.
"Beyond the Dogma of the Fixed Book Price Agreement,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
949, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2004. "Beyond the Dogma of the Fixed Book Price Agreement," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Miller, H Laurence, Jr, 1974. "On Killing off the Market for Used Textbooks and the Relationship between Markets for New and Secondhand Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 612-19, May/June.
- Clerides, Sofronis K., 2002. "Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1385-1408, December.
- Waterson, Michael, 1993. "Retail Pharmacy in Melbourne: Actual and Optimal Densities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 403-19, December.
- John Hartwick, 1984. "Aspects of the Economics of Book Publishing," Working Papers 580, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Richardson, 2006. "Commercial Broadcasting and Local Content: Cultural Quotas, Advertising and Public Stations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(511), pages 605-625, 04.
- Siegfried, John J. & Latta, Christopher, 1998. "Competition in the Retail College Textbook Market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 105-115, February.
- Aday Hernandez & Juan Luis Jimenez, 2011. "Do supermarkets reduce the number of traditional bookshops? An empirical application to the textbook market in Spain," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-02-2011, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Jul 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.