Testing for spatial association of qualitative data using symbolic dynamics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Geographical Systems.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103079
Spatial independence; Qualitative data; Nominal variables; Symbolic dynamics; Entropy; Fast food; C12; C14; C21; R12;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard D. Robertson & Gerald C. Nelson & Alessandro De Pinto, 2009. "Investigating the predictive capabilities of discrete choice models in the presence of spatial effects," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 367-388, 06.
- Raja Chakir & Olivier Parent, 2009.
"Determinants of land use changes: A spatial multinomial probit approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 327-344, 06.
- Olivier Parent & Raja Chakir, 2008. "Determinants of land use changes: a spatial multinomial probit approach," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2008-06, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- López-Hernández , Fernando A. & Artal-Tur, Andrés & Maté-Sánchez-Val, M. Luz, 2011. "Identifying nonlinear spatial dependence patterns by using non-parametric tests: Evidence for the European Union," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 21, pages 19-36.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.