The Value of Seeking Financial Advice
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Family and Economic Issues.
Volume (Year): 32 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104904
Financial advisor; Retirement planning; Retirement preparedness;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haejeong Kim & Jinhee Kim, 2010. "Information Search for Retirement Plans Among Financially Distressed Consumers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 51-62, March.
- Barbara A. Butrica & Howard M. Iams & Karen E. Smith & Eric J. Toder, 2009. "The Disappearing Defined Benefit Pension and its Potential Impact on the Retirement Incomes of Boomers," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2009-2, Center for Retirement Research.
- Barbara O’Neill, 2007. "Overcoming Inertia: Do Automated Saving and Investing Strategies Work?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 321-335, June.
- John Y. Campbell, 2006.
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1553-1604, 08.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2003.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects under Exogeneity: A Review,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Under Exogeneity: A Review," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 4-29, February.
- Black, Dan A. & Smith, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004.
"How robust is the evidence on the effects of college quality? Evidence from matching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 99-124.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2003. "How Robust is the Evidence on the Effects of College Quality? Evidence From Matching," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20033, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 12 Feb 2014.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003.
"Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?,"
University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers
20035, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005. "Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michalis & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009.
"Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7235, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michael & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009. "Financial advisors: A case of babysitters?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Andreas Hackethal & Michael Haliassos & Tullio Jappelli, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CSEF Working Papers 219, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 03 Mar 2011.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005.
"Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008. "Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, 02.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marilyn Clark-Murphy & Paul Gerrans & Craig Speelman, 2009. "Return Chasing as a Driver in Individual Retirement Savings Investment Choices: Evidence from Australia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 4-19, March.
- Daniel Bergstresser & John M. R. Chalmers & Peter Tufano, 2009. "Assessing the Costs and Benefits of Brokers in the Mutual Fund Industry," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4129-4156, October.
- Benjamin Levinger & Marques Benton & Stephan Meier, 2011. "The Cost of Not Knowing the Score: Self-Estimated Credit Scores and Financial Outcomes," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 566-585, December.
- Eun Kim & Sherman Hanna & Swarn Chatterjee & Suzanne Lindamood, 2012. "Who Among the Elderly Owns Stocks? The Role of Cognitive Ability and Bequest Motive," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 338-352, September.
- Tracey West & Andrew Worthington, 2014. "Macroeconomic Conditions and Australian Financial Risk Attitudes, 2001–2010," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 263-277, June.
- Patryk Babiarz & Cliff Robb, 2014. "Financial Literacy and Emergency Saving," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 40-50, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.