Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Oligopoly with Foreign Competitors: the Linear Demand Case
AbstractWe introduce foreign private firms into the model of Pal (1998) and investigate the impact of the introduction of foreign private firms on the endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly in the linear demand case.We find that the public firm chooses to be a follower of all domestic private firms and that the public firm chooses not to be a leader of all foreign private firms, which is in contrast to Matsumura (2003).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 88 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
mixed oligopoly; endogenous timing; foreign competitors; L13; D43; H42;
Other versions of this item:
- Yuanzhu Lu, 2005. "Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Oligopoly with Foreign Competitors: the Linear Demand Case," CEMA Working Papers 506, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988.
"Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria,"
88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990. "Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2004.
"The Choice of Capacity in Mixed Duopoly under Demand Uncertainty,"
CEMA Working Papers
507, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2006. "The Choice Of Capacity In Mixed Duopoly Under Demand Uncertainty," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 266-272, 06.
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S., 2004. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 411-416, June.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Garzón San Felipe, María Begoña, 2000.
"Mixed Duopoly, Merger and Multiproduct Firms,"
2000-10, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S, 2002. "Public Stackelberg Leadership in a Mixed Oligopoly with Foreign Firms," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 267-81, September.
- Jacques, Armel, 2004. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly: a forgotten equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 147-148, May.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006. "Mixed oligopoly, foreign firms, and location choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 753-772, November.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2003. "Mixed Duopoly with Product Differentiation: Sequential Choice of Location," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 18-34, 03.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 62-87, February.
- Lin Liu & Yuanzhu Lu, 2011. "Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Duopoly with Endogenous Vertical Differentiation," CEMA Working Papers 452, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Daisuke Hirata & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2011. "Price leadership in a homogeneous product market," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 199-217, November.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura & Tomohiro Inoue, 2007. "Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Duopoly: The Managerial Delegation Case," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(27), pages 1-7.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:2:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2010. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly with semipublic firms," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 97-113, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:27:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oksana Loginova & X. Hnery Wang, 2013. "Customization in an Endogenous-Timing Game with Vertical Differentiation," Working Papers 1304, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Anam Mahmudul & Basher Syed A & Chiang Shin-Hwan, 2007.
"Mixed Oligopoly under Demand Uncertainty,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-26, June.
- Kato, Kazuhiko, 2010. "Partial privatization and unidirectional transboundary pollution," MPRA Paper 27155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bárcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos, 2012. "Privatization when the public firm is as efficient as private firms," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1019-1023.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz, 2007. "Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Duopoly: Price Competition," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 91(3), pages 263-272, July.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2006. "Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Duopoly and Private Duopoly - ‘Capacity- then-Quantity’ Game," Departmental Working Papers wp0605, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura & Tomohiro Inoue, 2009. "Endogenous timing in a mixed duopoly: price competition with managerial delegation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(5), pages 325-333.
- Fei Shi, 2008. "Endogenous Timing with Demand Uncertainty," TWI Research Paper Series 30, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.