Technological innovation and multinational expansion: A two-way link?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 68 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
technology; trade; foreign direct investment; multinational company; F23; L12; O33;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982.
"International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
518, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Barbara J & Brander, James A, 1983. "International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 707-22, October.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Romeo, Anthony & Wagner, Samuel, 1979. "Foreign Trade and U.S. Research and Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 49-57, February.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, .
"Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers: Erratum,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-892, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1990. "Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers: Erratum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 641-42, June.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1981. "R&D intensity and multinational involvement," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 87-93.
- Ignatius J. Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1990. "Endogenous Market Structures in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-61, June.
- De Bondt, Raymond & Sleuwaegen, Leo & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1988. "Innovative strategic groups in multinational industries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 905-925, April.
- Sanna-Randaccio, Francesca, 1996. "New protectionism and multinational companies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 29-51, August.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Houte, Peter Vanden, 1990. "Domestic R&D in the presence of multinational enterprises," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15.
- Davide Castellani, 2002.
"Firms' Technological Trajectories and the Creation of Foreign Subsidiaries,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 359-371.
- Davide Castellani, 2001. "Firms’ technological trajectories and the creation of foreign subsidiaries," International Trade 0108003, EconWPA.
- Dermot Leahy & Stephen Pavelin, 2006.
"Playing away to win at home,"
200626, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Norback, Pehr-Johan, 2001.
"Multinational firms, technology and location,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 449-469, August.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Garzón San Felipe, María Begoña, 2011.
"Relocation and Investment in R&D by Firms,"
2011-52, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Hakkala, Katariina & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan, 2007. "Cross-Border Acquisition or Greenfield Entry: Does it Matter for Affiliate R&D?," Working Paper Series 693, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Pavelin, Stephen, 2000. "Foreign Production, Strategic Choice and the Domestic Market Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 2587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.