Efficiency wages and income taxes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 51 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "A Model of the Natural Rate of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 117-25, March.
- Johnson, G.E. & Layard, P.R.G., 1987. "The natural rate of unemployment: Explanation and policy," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 921-999 Elsevier.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1978. "Labour Turnover, Wage Structure, and Natural Unemployment," Munich Reprints in Economics 1255, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sampson, Anthony A, 1983. "Employment Policy in a Model with a Rational Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 297-311, June.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-95, September.
- Akerlof, George A, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-69, November.
- Solow, Robert M., 1979. "Another possible source of wage stickiness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 79-82.
- Jackman, R & Layard, Richard & Pissarides, C, 1989. "On Vacancies," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(4), pages 377-94, November.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Boeters, Stefan & Feil, Michael, 2005.
"Taxation and unemployment: an applied general equilibrium approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 81-108, January.
- Christoph Boehringer & Stefan Boeters & Michael Feil, 2004. "Taxation and Unemployment: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 1272, CESifo Group Munich.
- Altenburg, Lutz & Straub, Martin, 2001. "Taxes on labour and unemployment in a shirking model with union bargaining," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 721-744, December.
- Boone, Jan & Bovenberg, A Lans, 2001.
"Optimal Labour Taxation and Search,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3002, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lans Bovenberg, 2003.
"Tax Policy and Labor Market Performance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1035, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schneider, Kerstin, 2005. "Union wage setting and progressive income taxation with heterogeneous labor: theory and evidence from the German income tax reforms 1986-1990," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 205-222, April.
- Laszlo Goerke, 1999.
"Value-Added Tax versus Social Security Contributions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 219(3+4), pages 308-325, September.
- Goerke, Laszlo, 1999. "Value-added Tax versus Social Security Contributions," IZA Discussion Papers 55, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber, 1998. "Efficiency wages, employment, and the marginal income-tax rate: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 79-84, February.
- Goerke, Laszlo, 1999.
IZA Discussion Papers
71, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goerke, Laszlo, 1998. "Bismarck versus Beveridge: Flat- and earnings-related unemployment insurance in an efficiency wage framework," Discussion Papers, Series 1 291, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Job Rents in a Stylized Labor Market," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- van Ewijk, Casper & Tang, Paul J.G., 2007. "Unions, progressive taxes, and education subsidies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1119-1139, December.
- Pekka Sinko, 2007. "Labour taxation, job creation and job destruction—Focusing on the role of wage setting," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 583-604, October.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber, 1997. "Wage bargaining, labor-tax progression, and welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 127-150, June.
- Melike Bildirici & Elçin Aykaç Alp, 2012. "Minimum wage is efficient wage in Turkish labor market: TAR–cointegration analysis," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1261-1270, June.
- Boeters, Stefan & Böhringer, Christoph & Feil, Michael, 2002. "Taxation and unemployment: an applied general equilibrium approach for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-39, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2003. "Tax Progressivity and Tax Evasion," CESifo Working Paper Series 1097, CESifo Group Munich.
- Goerke, Laszlo, 2004. "Tax evasion, tax progression, and efficiency wages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 35-42, January.
- Jon Strand, 2002. "Effects of Progressive Taxes under Decentralized Bargaining and Heterogeneous Labor," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 195-210, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.