International trade and agglomeration: An alternative framework
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
agglomeration; fragmentation; service links; production blocks; D20; F12; R30;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Benarroch, 1997. "Returns to Scale in Canadian Manufacturing: An Interprovincial Comparison," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1083-1103, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997.
"Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G, 1997.
"Returns to Scale in U.S. Production: Estimates and Implications,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 249-83, April.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 1996. "Returns to scale in U.S. production: estimates and implications," International Finance Discussion Papers 546, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- J.Peter Neary, 2001.
"Of Hype and Hyperbolas: Introducing the New Economic Geography,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 536-561, June.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000. "Of Hype and Hyperbolas - Introducing the new Economic Geography," Working Papers 200019, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Arndt, Sven W. & Kierzkowski, Henryk (ed.), 2001. "Fragmentation: New Production Patterns in the World Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199243310.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, June.
- Dieter M. Urban, 2001. "The Spatial Economy : one new economic geographer's view," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 146-152, January.
- Ashima Goyal, 2006.
"The Impact of ICT in Making Global Markets More Inclusive,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22336, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ashima Goyal, 2006. "The impact of ICT in making global markets more inclusive," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2006-013, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Henryk Kierzkowski & Lurong Chen, 2007. "Outsourcing and Trade Imbalances: The U.S: - China Case," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_003, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Goyal, Ashima, 2007.
"Distant labour supply, skills and induced technical change,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-150, June.
- Ashima Goyal, 2006. "Distant Labour Supply, Skills and Induced Technical Change," Labor Economics Working Papers 22365, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ashima Goyal, 2006. "Distant labour supply, skills and induced technical change," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2006-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Jaewon Lim, 2011. "Does wage differential driven migration continue to exist? Tests on the role of regional economic structure in wage differential driven migration," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 213-233, August.
- Marcus Sundberg, 2012. "Optimal fragmentation in monopolistically competitive industries," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 1-32, February.
- Ashima Goyal, 2013. "Growth drivers: ICT and inclusive innovations," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2013-018, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Kierzkowski, Henryk, 2005. "International fragmentation and the new economic geography," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.