A Note on Financial Risk, Return and Asset Pricing in Australian Modern and Contemporary Art
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Cultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100284
risk and return; asset pricing; art investment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Renato Flôres & Victor Ginsburgh & Philippe Jeanfils, 1999.
"Long- and Short-Term Portfolio Choices of Paintings,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 191-208, August.
- Renato G.Renato Flôres Jr. & Victor Ginsburgh & Philippe Jeanfils, 1999. "Long- and short-term portfolio choices of paintings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/99275, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard-Varet, L.A. & Ginsburgh, V., 1993.
"Prices and Returns on Paintings and Exercise on How to Price the Priceless,"
93b01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- O. Chanel & L. A. Gerard-Varet & V. Ginsburgh, 1994. "Prices and Returns on Paintings: An Exercise on How to Price the Priceless," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 7-21, June.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varlet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Prices and returns on paintings: an exercise on how to price the priceless," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1721, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard-Varet, L. A. & Ginsburgh, V., . "Prices and returns on paintings: an exercice on how to price the priceless," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1106, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sebastian Edwards, 2004. "The Economics of Latin American Art: Creativity Patterns and Rates of Return," NBER Working Papers 10302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 1999.
"Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters,"
NBER Working Papers
7122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 2000. "Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 761-777, August.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2004. "Art as an investment: risk, return and portfolio diversification in major painting markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(2), pages 257-271.
- Chanel, Olivier, 1995.
"Is art market behaviour predictable?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 519-527, April.
- G. Candela & A. Scorcu, 1997. "A Price Index for Art Market Auctions," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 175-196, September.
- Luc Renneboog, 2002.
"The monetary appreciation of paintings: from realism to Magritte,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 331-358, May.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Houte, T. van, 1999. "The Monetary Appreciation of Paintings: From Realism to Magritte," Discussion Paper 1999-62, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ginsburgh, V. & Buelens, N., 1992.
"Revisiting Baumol's "Art As Floating Crap Game","
9204, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- BUELENS, Nathalie & GINSBURGH, Victor, . "Revisiting Baumol's `art as floating crap game'," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nathalie Buelens & Victor Ginsburgh, 1993. "Revisiting Baumol's Art as floating crap game," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1727, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2003. "Art as an investment: Short and long-term comovements in major painting markets," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 649-668, November.
- Marilena Locatelli Biey & Roberto Zanola, 1999. "Investment in Paintings: A Short-Run Price Index," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 209-219, August.
- Goetzmann, William N, 1993. "Accounting for Taste: Art and the Financial Markets over Three Centuries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1370-76, December.
- Pesando, James E, 1993. "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1075-89, December.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2004. "The Economics of Latin American Art: Creativity Patterns and Rates of Return," JOURNAL OF LACEA ECONOMIA, LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1995. "On pricing the priceless: Comments on the economics of the visual art market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 509-518, April.
- Heinrich Ursprung & Christian Wiermann, 2008.
"Reputation, Price, and Death: An Empirical Analysis of Art Price Formation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2237, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heinrich W. Ursprung & Christian Wiermann, 2011. "Reputation, Price, And Death: An Empirical Analysis Of Art Price Formation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(3), pages 697-715, 07.
- Abderazak Bakhouche & Ludovic P.J. Thebault, 2011. "What Determines Cézanne’S Art Pricing? A Hedonic Regression Method," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 515-532, november.
- Nicoletta MARINELLI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2008.
"A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction,"
316, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Nicoletta Marinelli & Giulio Palomba, 2009. "A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction," EHUCHAPS, Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Bronwyn Coate & Tim R.L. Fry, 2012. "Better off Dead? Prices Realised for Australian Paintings Sold at Auction," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-02-2012, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Feb 2012.
- Marinelli, Nicoletta & Palomba, Giulio, 2011. "A model for pricing Italian Contemporary Art paintings at auction," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 212-224, May.
- Joonwoo Nahm, 2010. "Price determinants and genre effects in the Korean art market: a partial linear analysis of size effect," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 281-297, November.
- Kräussl, Roman & Elsland, Niels van, 2008. "Constructing the true art market index: A novel 2-step hedonic approach and its application to the German art market," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/11, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Emrah Çevik & Erdal Atukeren & Turhan Korkmaz, 2013. "Nonlinearity and nonstationarity in international art market prices: evidence from Markov-switching ADF unit root tests," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 675-695, October.
- Taylor, Dominic & Coleman, Les, 2011. "Price determinants of Aboriginal art, and its role as an alternative asset class," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1519-1529, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.