A Model of the Danish Book Market
AbstractTraditionally, books have been a majorfactor in the cultural life of a nation, although littleattention has been paid to the book market. In anattempt to redress this situation, a simple macromodel of the (Danish) book market is presented wheredemand, conventions in the publishing industry, andtechnology interact. The results are dramatic as thebook market has changed decisively in the past twodecades, in effect forcing us to reconsider what itmeans to publish and to be an author. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 2000
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Cultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100284
authors; books; market structure;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2005.
"The Making of Cultural Policy: A European Perspective,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1524, CESifo Group Munich.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2006. "The Making of Cultural Policy: A European Perspective," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- Canoy, Marcel & van Ours, Jan C. & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2006.
"The Economics of Books,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Canoy, Marcel & van der Ploeg, Frederick & van Ours, Jan C, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CEPR Discussion Papers 4892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel F. M. Canoy & Jan C. van Ours & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2005. "The Economics of Books," CESifo Working Paper Series 1414, CESifo Group Munich.
- Canoy, M.F.M. & Ours, J.C. van & Ploeg, F. van der, 2005. "The Economics of Books," Discussion Paper 2005-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.