Interregional redistribution as a cure to the soft budget syndrome in federations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Soft budget constraint; Syndrome; Interregional income redistribution; Federation; H71; H72; H77; D63;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard C. Cornes & Emilson C.D. Silva, 1997.
"Rotten Kids, Purity and Perfection,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
97/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Riley, John G, 1988.
"Ex Post Information in Auctions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 409-29, July.
- Maskin, Eric S., 1996. "Theories of the soft budget-constraint," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 125-133, June.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974.
"A Theory of Social Interactions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-93, Nov.-Dec..
- Kornai, J, 1979. "Resource-Constrained versus Demand-Constrained Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 801-19, July.
- Kornai, Janos, 1986. "The Soft Budget Constraint," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 3-30.
- Bönke, Timm & Jochimsen, Beate & Schröder, Carsten, 2011. "Fiscal equalization and regions' (un)willingness-to-tax: Evidence from Germany," Economics Working Papers 2011,06, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Goodspeed & Andrew Haughwout, 2011.
"On the Optimal Design of Disaster Insurance in a Federation,"
Hunter College Department of Economics Working Papers
436, Hunter College: Department of Economics.
- Timothy Goodspeed & Andrew Haughwout, 2012. "On the optimal design of disaster insurance in a federation," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Timothy J. Goodspeed & Andrew Haughwout, 2007. "On the Optimal Design of Disaster Insurance in a Federation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1888, CESifo Group Munich.
- Timothy J. Goodspeed & Andrew F. Haughwout, 2009. "On the optimal design of disaster insurance in a federation," Working Papers 2009/25, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Timothy J. Goodspeed & Andrew Haughwout, 2006. "On the Optimal Design of Disaster Insurance in a Federation," Working Papers 2006-14, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Timm Bönke & Beate Jochimsen & Carsten Schröder, 2013. "Fiscal Federalism and Tax Administration: Evidence from Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1307, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Breuillé, Marie-Laure & Madiès, Thierry & Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle, 2010. "Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 205-214, September.
- Allers, Maarten A. & Toolsema, Linda A., 2012. "Welfare financing: Grant allocation and efficiency," Research Report 12004-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Breuillé, Marie-Laure & Vigneault, Marianne, 2010. "Overlapping soft budget constraints," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 259-269, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.