Alcohol taxation and regulation in the European Union
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Alcohol taxation; European Union; External costs; Social costs; H2; H8;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Saffer & Michael Grossman, 1993.
"Alcohol Control Policies and Motor Vehicle Fatalities,"
NBER Working Papers
3831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank J & Saffer, Henry & Grossman, Michael, 1993. "Alcohol-Control Policies and Motor-Vehicle Fatalities," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 161-86, January.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Mooij, R.A. de, 1994.
"Environmental levies and distortionary taxation,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152985, Tilburg University.
- MacDonald, Ziggy & Shields, Michael A., 2000.
"The Impact of Alcohol Consumption on Occupational Attainment in England,"
IZA Discussion Papers
166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- MacDonald, Ziggy & Shields, Michael A, 2001. "The Impact of Alcohol Consumption on Occupational Attainment in England," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(271), pages 427-53, August.
- Vidar Christiansen & Stephen Smith, 2001. "The Economics of Duty-Free Shopping," CESifo Working Paper Series 595, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossman, Michael & Chaloupka, Frank J & Sirtalan, Ismail, 1998.
"An Empirical Analysis of Alcohol Addiction: Results from the Monitoring the Future Panels,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 39-48, January.
- Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka & Ismail Sirtalan, 1995. "An Empirical Analysis of Alcohol Addiction: Results from the Monitoring the Future Panels," NBER Working Papers 5200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farrell, Susan & Manning, Willard G. & Finch, Michael D., 2003. "Alcohol dependence and the price of alcoholic beverages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 117-147, January.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1996. "New Estimates of the Optimal Tax on Alcohol," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 296-319, April.
- Henry Saffer & Frank Chaloupka, 1994. "Alcohol Tax Equalization and Social Costs," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 33-43, Winter.
- Felicity Barker, 2002. "Consumption Externalities and the Role of Government: The Case of Alcohol," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/25, New Zealand Treasury.
- Markowitz, Sara, 2005. "Alcohol, Drugs and Violent Crime," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 20-44, March.
- Richard M. Bird & Sally Wallace, 2003. "Taxing Alcohol in Africa: Reflections from International Experience," International Tax Program Papers 0304, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Nov 2003.
- Sara Markowitz & Erik Nesson & Eileen Poe-Yamagata & Curtis Florence & Partha Deb & Tracy Andrews & Sarah Beth L. Barnett, 2012.
"Estimating the Relationship between Alcohol Policies and Criminal Violence and Victimization,"
NBER Working Papers
17918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sara Markowitz & Erik Nesson & Eileen Poe-Yamagata & Curtis Florence & Partha Deb & Tracy Andrews & Sarah Beth L. Barnett, 2012. "Estimating the Relationship between Alcohol Policies and Criminal Violence and Victimization," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(4), pages 416-435, November.
- Pierre Pestieau & Gregory Ponthiere, 2012.
"Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 288-317, April.
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2009. "Myopia, regrets and risky behaviors," PSE Working Papers halshs-00566823, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, . "Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2452, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jon P. Nelson, 2013. "Does Heavy Drinking by Adults Respond to Higher Alcohol Prices and Taxes? A Survey and Assessment," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 43(3), pages 265-291, December.
- Nelson, Jon P., 2014. "Estimating the price elasticity of beer: Meta-analysis of data with heterogeneity, dependence, and publication bias," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 180-187.
- Haavio, Markus & Kotakorpi, Kaisa, 2011.
"The political economy of sin taxes,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 575-594, May.
- Glenn Jenkins & CHUN-YAN KUO & Andrey Klevchuk, 2007. "Diagnosis of Indirect Taxes and the Taxation of International Trade in the Dominican Republic," Development Discussion Papers 2007-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Kym Anderson, 2010. "Excise and Import Taxes on Wine vs Beer and Spirits: An International Comparison," Wine Economics Research Centre Working Papers 2010-05, University of Adelaide, Wine Economics Research Centre.
- Bas Jacobs, 2013. "From Optimal Tax Theory to Applied Tax Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 4151, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.