Alcohol taxation and regulation in the European Union
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Alcohol taxation; European Union; External costs; Social costs; H2; H8;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry Saffer & Frank Chaloupka, 1994. "Alcohol Tax Equalization and Social Costs," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 33-43, Winter.
- MacDonald, Ziggy & Shields, Michael A, 2001.
"The Impact of Alcohol Consumption on Occupational Attainment in England,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(271), pages 427-53, August.
- MacDonald, Ziggy & Shields, Michael A., 2000. "The Impact of Alcohol Consumption on Occupational Attainment in England," IZA Discussion Papers 166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chaloupka, Frank J & Saffer, Henry & Grossman, Michael, 1993.
"Alcohol-Control Policies and Motor-Vehicle Fatalities,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 161-86, January.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Saffer & Michael Grossman, 1993. "Alcohol Control Policies and Motor Vehicle Fatalities," NBER Working Papers 3831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farrell, Susan & Manning, Willard G. & Finch, Michael D., 2003. "Alcohol dependence and the price of alcoholic beverages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 117-147, January.
- Felicity Barker, 2002. "Consumption Externalities and the Role of Government: The Case of Alcohol," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/25, New Zealand Treasury.
- Richard M. Bird & Sally Wallace, 2003. "Taxing Alcohol in Africa: Reflections from International Experience," International Tax Program Papers 0304, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Nov 2003.
- Grossman, Michael & Chaloupka, Frank J & Sirtalan, Ismail, 1998.
"An Empirical Analysis of Alcohol Addiction: Results from the Monitoring the Future Panels,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 39-48, January.
- Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka & Ismail Sirtalan, 1995. "An Empirical Analysis of Alcohol Addiction: Results from the Monitoring the Future Panels," NBER Working Papers 5200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Mooij, R.A. de, 1994.
"Environmental levies and distortionary taxation,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152985, Tilburg University.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1996. "New Estimates of the Optimal Tax on Alcohol," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 296-319, April.
- Markowitz, Sara, 2005. "Alcohol, Drugs and Violent Crime," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 20-44, March.
- Vidar Christiansen & Stephen Smith, 2001. "The Economics of Duty-Free Shopping," CESifo Working Paper Series 595, CESifo Group Munich.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, .
"Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2452, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Markus Haavio & Kaisa Kotakorpi, 2009.
"The Political Economy of Sin Taxes,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2650, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bas Jacobs, 2013. "From Optimal Tax Theory to Applied Tax Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 4151, CESifo Group Munich.
- Glenn Jenkins & CHUN-YAN KUO & Andrey Klevchuk, 2007. "Diagnosis of Indirect Taxes and the Taxation of International Trade in the Dominican Republic," Development Discussion Papers 2007-01, JDI Executive Programs.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.