The optimal negligence standard in health care under supply-side cost sharing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106603
Medical malpractice; Negligence rule; Court errors; Defensive medicine; I11; K13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- K13 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Tort Law and Product Liability; Forensic Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katherine Baicker & Amitabh Chandra, 2005.
"The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care,"
in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 8
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baicker Katherine & Chandra Amitabh, 2005. "The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Katherine Baicker & Amitabh Chandra, 2004. "The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care," NBER Working Papers 10709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & William P. Rogerson, 1982.
"Products Liability, Consumer Misperceptions, and Market Power,"
NBER Working Papers
0937, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & William P. Rogerson, 1983. "Products Liability, Consumer Misperceptions, and Market Power," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 581-589, Autumn.
- Kessler, Daniel P. & McClellan, Mark B., 2002. "How liability law affects medical productivity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 931-955, November.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2000.
"On the joint use of liability and safety regulation,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 371-382, September.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2000. "On the Joint Use of Liability and Safety Regulation," MPRA Paper 12536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aaron S. Edlin., 1993.
"Efficient Standards of Due Care: Should Courts Find More Parties Negligent Under Comparative Negligence?,"
Economics Working Papers
93-218, University of California at Berkeley.
- Edlin, Aaron S., 1994. "Efficient standards of due care: Should courts find more parties negligent under comparative negligence?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-34, March.
- Kessler, Daniel & McClellan, Mark, 2002. "Malpractice law and health care reform: optimal liability policy in an era of managed care," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 175-197, May.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1993. "Supply-Side and Demand-Side Cost Sharing in Health Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 135-151, Fall.
- Danzon, Patricia M, 1997. "Tort Liability: A Minefield for Managed Care?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 491-519, June.
- Patricia M. Danzon, 1991.
"Liability for Medical Malpractice,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 51-69, Summer.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 2005. "Deterrence versus Judicial Error: A Comparative View of Standards of Proof," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 161(2), pages 193-, June.
- Olbrich Anja, 2008. "Patient Welfare under the Legal Standard of Care," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-19, July.
- Dubay, Lisa & Kaestner, Robert & Waidmann, Timothy, 1999. "The impact of malpractice fears on cesarean section rates," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 491-522, August.
- Craswell, Richard & Calfee, John E, 1986. "Deterrence and Uncertain Legal Standards," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 279-303, Fall.
- Polinsky, A Mitchell & Shavell, Steven, 1989. "Legal Error, Litigation, and the Incentive to Obey the Law," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 99-108, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.