Forum for Health Economics & Policy
Contact information of De Gruyter:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Download restrictions: For access to full text, subscription to the journal or payment for the individual article is required.
Current editor: Dana Goldman
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Peter Golla)
Series handle: repec:bpj:fhecpo
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 16, Issue 2
- S1-S11 Economics of Personalized Health Care and Prevention: IntroductionThis introduction represents the personal views of the authors only and not the official policy of the National Institutes of Health or its component institutes
by Bloss Gregory & Haaga John G.
- 47-56 Opportunities in the Economics of Personalized Health Care and Prevention
by Meltzer David O.
- 57-86 Economic Perspectives on Personalized Health Care and Prevention
by Phillips Kathryn A. & Sakowski Julie Ann & Liang Su-Ying & Ponce Ninez A.
- 87-105 The Economics of Personalization in Prevention and Public Health
by Kenkel Don S. & Wang Hua
- 107-120 Personalized Medicine in the Context of Comparative Effectiveness Research
by Basu Anirban
- 121-133 The Value of Diagnostic Testing in Personalized Medicine
by Goldman Dana P. & Lakdawalla Darius & Sood Neeraj & Gupta Charu & Vasudeva Eshan & Trakas Kostas & Riley Ralph & Agus David & Jena Anupam B. & Philipson Tomas J.
2013, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-33 The Effect of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Longevity: Patient Level Evidence from the 1996–2002 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey and Linked Mortality Public-use Files
by Lichtenberg Frank R.
- 14 Integrating Patient Incentives with Episode-Based Payment
by Helmchen Lorens A. & Encinosa William E. & Chernew Michael E. & Hirth Richard A.
- 19 Price Shopping in Consumer-Directed Health Plans
by Sood Neeraj & Wagner Zachary & Huckfeldt Peter & Haviland Amelia M.
- 22 Quantifying the Value of Personalized Medicines: Evidence from COX-2 Inhibitors
by Sood Neeraj & Philipson Tomas J. & Huckfeldt Peter
- 25 Measuring the Financial Exposure from Medical Care Spending Among Families with Employer Sponsored Insurance
by Abraham Jean M. & Royalty Anne Beeson & DeLeire Thomas
- 27 The Effect of Comprehensive Smoking Bans in European Workplaces
by Origo Federica & Lucifora Claudio
- 36 Should Global Health be Tailored Toward the Rich? Altruism and Efficient R&D for Neglected Diseases
by Jena Anupam B. & Mechoulan Stéphane & Philipson Tomas J.
- 39 Why are Testing Rates so Low in Sub-Saharan Africa? Misconceptions and Strategic Behaviors
by Sterck Olivier
- 25 Better Quality of Care or Healthier Patients? Hospital Utilization by Medicare Advantage and Fee-for-Service Enrollees
by Nicholas Lauren Hersch
2012, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 1-22 High US Health-Care Spending and the Importance of Provider Payment Rates
by Anderson Gerard & Chalkidou Kalipso & Herring Bradley
- 23-52 Can Consumers Control Health-Care Costs?
by Hall Mark A. & Schneider Carl E.
- 53-82 Eight Decades of Discouragement: The History of Health Care Cost Containment in the USA
by Jost Timothy Stoltzfus
- 83-106 Both Symptom and Disease: Relating Medical Malpractice to Health-Care Costs
by Sage William M.
2012, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 1-31 Behavioral Responses of Patients in AIDS Treatment Programs: Sexual Behavior in Kenya
by Thirumurthy Harsha & Pop-Eleches Cristian & Habyarimana James P. & Goldstein Markus & Graff Zivin Joshua
- 1-42 Formal and Informal Care: An Empirical Bayesian Analysis Using the Two-part Model
by Du Juan
- 1-31 Nutrient Demand in Food Away from Home
by Richards Timothy J. & Mancino Lisa & Nganje William
- 1-28 A Reexamination of the Costs of Medical R&D Regulation
by Philipson Tomas J. & Sun Eric & Goldman Dana & Jena Anupam B.
- 1-26 A Prescription for Drug Formulary Evaluation: An Application of Price Indexes
by Glazer Jacob & Huskamp Haiden A. & McGuire Thomas G.
- 1-25 Can Centralization of Cancer Surgery Improve Social Welfare?
by Ho Vivian & Short Marah N. & Ku-Goto Meei-Hsiang
- 1-24 The Distributional Effects of Health Reform Limits on Flexible Spending Accounts
by Cardon James H. & Moore Joel & Showalter Mark H.
- 1-19 The Option Value of Innovation
by Thornton Snider Julia & Romley John A. & Vogt William B. & Philipson Tomas J.
- 1-13 The Value of Patent Expiration
by McKellar Michael R. & Frank Matthew & Huskamp Haiden & Chernew Michael E.
2011, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 1-8 Introduction to the Health and Retirement Study: An Evaluation and Scientific Ideas for the Future
by Smith James P
- 1-34 Personality Measurement and Assessment in Large Panel Surveys
by Roberts Brent & Jackson Joshua J & Duckworth Angela L & Von Culin Katherine
- 1-33 Medical Expenditure Measures in the Health and Retirement Study
by Goldman Dana P & Zissimopoulos Julie & Lu Yang
- 1-24 Genome-Phenome Linkages in Human Population Surveys, with Special Emphasis on the Health and Retirement Survey
by Singer Burton
- 1-22 The State and Future of Blood-Based Biomarkers in the Health and Retirement Study
by McDade Thomas
- 1-20 Economic Measurement in the Health and Retirement Study
by Venti Steven
- 1-19 Social Connectedness in Health, Morbidity and Mortality, and Health Care - The Contributions, Limits and Further Potential of Health and Retirement Study
by Pescosolido Bernice
- 1-16 Time Use and Well-being, and Large Survey Studies
by Smith Dylan M
- 1-15 A Rationale for Including a Brief Assessment of Hedonic Well-being in Large-scale Surveys
by Stone Arthur A
- 1-12 Potential Enhancements to Data on Health Insurance, Health Services, and Medicare in the Health and Retirement Study
by Ayanian John Z & Meara Ellen & McWilliams J. Michael
- 1-11 Which Questions in the Health and Retirement Study are Used by Researchers? Evidence from Academic Journals, 2006-2009
by Jackson Tina & Balduf Mabel & Yasaitis Laura & Skinner Jonathan
2011, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 1-60 The Impact of Household Investments on Early Child Neurodevelopment and on Racial and Socioeconomic Developmental Gaps: Evidence from South America
by Wehby George L. & McCarthy Ann Marie & Castilla Eduardo & Murray Jeffrey C.
- 1-43 How Do Employers React to a Pay-or-Play Mandate? Early Evidence from San Francisco
by Colla Carrie H & Dow William H & Dube Arindrajit
- 1-36 Toxic Choices: The Theory and Impact of Smoking Bans
by Irvine Ian J & Nguyen Hai V
- 1-30 A Primer on the Economics of Prescription Pharmaceutical Pricing in Health Insurance Markets
by Berndt Ernst R. & McGuire Thomas & Newhouse Joseph P.
- 1-28 The Effects of Consumer-Directed Health Plans on Episodes of Health Care
by Haviland Amelia M. & Sood Neeraj & McDevitt Roland D. & Marquis M. Susan
- 1-25 How Do Consumer-Directed Health Plans Affect Vulnerable Populations?
by Haviland Amelia M & Sood Neeraj & McDevitt Roland & Marquis M Susan
- 1-22 Regional Variation in Medication Adherence
by Gibson Teresa B & Landrum Mary Beth & Batata Amber & Fendrick A. Mark & Wang Sara & Chernew Michael E.
- 1-17 Pound Wise and Penny Foolish? Weight Loss and The Dynamics of Health Care Spending
by Koch Thomas G
- 1-13 Should We Put a Thin Subsidy on the Policy Table in the Fight against Obesity?
by Lordan Grace & Quiggin John
- 1-12 Determinants of Tobacco Control Funding: Evidence from U.S. States
by Gallet Craig A
2010, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 1-35 Health Risk, Income, and Employment-Based Health Insurance
by Bundorf M. Kate & Herring Bradley & Pauly Mark V.
- 1-8 The Effect of Massachusetts' Health Reform on Employer-Sponsored Insurance Premiums
by Cogan John F & Hubbard R. Glenn & Kessler Daniel
- 1-33 State Dependence among the Uninsured: Accounting for Feedback to Health and Employment
by Zimmer David M.
- 1-31 Is SARS a Poor Man's Disease? Socioeconomic Status and Risk Factors for SARS Transmission
by Bucchianeri Grace Wong
- 1-26 From Cradle to Classroom: High Birth Weight and Cognitive Outcomes
by Cesur Resul & Kelly Inas Rashad
- 1-25 Do Changes In Cigarette Taxes Impact Youth Smoking? Evidence from Canadian Provinces
by Sen Anindya & Ariizumi Hideki & Driambe Daciana
- 1-23 Reinsurance for High Health Costs: Benefits, Limitations, and Alternatives
by Dow William H & Fulton Brent D & Baicker Katherine
- 1-22 The Contributions of Improved Therapy and Earlier Detection to Cancer Survival Gains, 1988-2000
by Sun Eric & Jena Anupam B & Lakdawalla Darius & Reyes Carolina & Philipson Tomas J & Goldman Dana
- 1-20 Enrollee Incentives in Consumer Directed Health Plans: Spend Now or Save for Later?
by Feldman Roger D & Parente Stephen T
- 1-19 Obesity and Price Sensitivity at the Supermarket
by Gandal Neil & Shabelansky Anastasia
- 1-18 Are Increasing 5-Year Survival Rates Evidence of Success Against Cancer? A Reexamination Using Data from the U.S. and Australia
by Lichtenberg Frank R.
- 1-15 Predictors of Internal Medicine Resident Satisfaction with Teaching by Attendings
by Guarino Cassandra M & Pham Chung & Quiter Elaine & Escarce Jose J
2010, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-44 Over-Nutrition and Changing Health Status in High Income Countries
by Huffman Wallace E. & Huffman Sonya K & Rickertsen Kyrre & Tegene Abebayehu
- 1-45 Characterizing Markets for Biopharmaceutical Innovations: Do Biologics Differ from Small Molecules?
by Trusheim Mark R. & Aitken Murray L. & Berndt Ernst R.
- 1-41 Health Care, Health Insurance, and the Distribution of American Incomes
by Burtless Gary & Svaton Pavel
- 1-32 Consequences of SCHIP Expansions for Household Well-Being
by Leininger Lindsey & Levy Helen & Schanzenbach Diane
2009, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 1-33 Longer Hours and Larger Waistlines? The Relationship between Work Hours and Obesity
by Courtemanche Charles
- 1-34 The Effect of Smoking in Young Adulthood on Smoking Later in Life: Evidence based on the Vietnam Era Draft Lottery
by Eisenberg Daniel & Rowe Brian
- 1-33 The Effects of Adolescent Health on Educational Outcomes: Causal Evidence Using Genetic Lotteries between Siblings
by Fletcher Jason M. & Lehrer Steven F
- 1-31 Why the Poor Get Fat: Weight Gain and Economic Insecurity
by Smith Trenton G. & Stoddard Christiana & Barnes Michael G
- 1-27 Health Insurance Demand and the Generosity of Benefits: Fixed Effects Estimates of the Price Elasticity
by Jacobs Paul D.
- 1-24 On Inferring Demand for Health Care in the Presence of Anchoring and Selection Biases
by Bhattacharya Jay & Isen Adam
- 1-15 Comparing Health of People with Heart Disease in the United States and Canada
by Pozen Alexis J & Cutler David M
2009, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-35 Hospital Competition and Charity Care
by Garmon Chris
- 1-28 The Impact of Children's Public Health Insurance Expansions on Educational Outcomes
by Levine Phillip B & Schanzenbach Diane
- 1-26 The Cost of Primary Care Doctors
by Glied Sherry & Prabhu Ashwin G & Edelman Norman
- 1-23 A Bargain at Twice the Price? California Hospital Prices in the New Millennium
by Akosa Antwi Yaa & Gaynor Martin S & Vogt William B
- 1-21 `Me-Too' Innovation in Pharmaceutical Markets
by Jena Anupam B & Calfee John E. & Mansley Edward C & Philipson Tomas J
2008, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 1-29 Large Health Savings Accounts: A Step toward Tax Neutrality for Health Care
by Cannon Michael F.
- 1-39 Estimating the Impact of Medical Innovation: A Case Study of HIV Antiretroviral Treatments
by Duggan Mark G & Evans William N
- 1-37 Explanations for Persistent Nursing Shortages
by Long Mark C & Goldfarb Marsha G. & Goldfarb Robert S
- 1-34 Labor Market Consequences of State Mental Health Parity Mandates
by Cseh Attila
- 1-32 The Reality of SCHIP and Uninsureds: Do SCHIP Mandatory Wait Periods Increase the Uninsured Rolls?
by Nichols Donald & Plotzke Michael
- 1-28 Quality Effect of Early Discharge of Maternity Patients: Does Hospital Specialization Matter?
by Amporfu Eugenia
- 1-26 State Health Insurance Regulations and the Price of High-Deductible Policies
by Kowalski Amanda E. & Congdon William J. & Showalter Mark H.
- 1-24 Hospital Quality and Selective Contracting: Evidence from Kidney Transplantation
by Howard David H.
- 1-22 Consumer-Directed Health Plans and Health Savings Accounts: Have They Worked for Small Business?
by Gates Susan M & Kapur Kanika & Karaca-Mandic Pinar
- 1-21 The Utilization of Medicines beyond Patent Expiration
by Mansley Edward C & Teutsch Steven M & White Dawn M & Busza Jamie D & Geisel Steven S
- 1-17 Dynamic Cost-Effectiveness: A More Efficient Reimbursement Criterion
by Lundin Douglas & Ramsberg Joakim
2008, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-27 Pharmaceutical Innovation and U.S. Cancer Survival, 1992-2003: Evidence from Linked SEER-MEDSTAT Data
by Lichtenberg Frank R.
- 1-45 Health Status, Health Care and Inequality: Canada vs. the U.S
by O'Neill June E & O'Neill Dave M
- 1-33 Public Support for National Health Insurance: The Roles of Attitudes and Beliefs
by Bundorf M. Kate & Fuchs Victor R.
- 1-28 State and Federal Approaches to Health Reform: What Works for the Working Poor?
by Meara Ellen & Rosenthal Meredith B & Sinaiko Anna D. & Baicker Katherine
- 1-13 Can Multi-payer Financing Achieve Single-Payer Spending Levels?
by Newhouse Joseph P & Sinaiko Anna
2007, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 1-28 Aging and Future Healthcare Expenditure: A Consistent Approach
by Steinmann Lukas & Telser Harry & Zweifel Peter S.
- 1-51 Risky Sexual Behavior, Testing, and HIV Treatments
by Mechoulan Stéphane
- 1-33 Substitution, Spending Offsets, and Prescription Drug Benefit Design
by Gaynor Martin & Li Jian & Vogt William B
- 1-32 Cross-Country Variation in Obesity Patterns among Older Americans and Europeans
by Michaud Pierre-Carl & van Soest Arthur H.O. & Andreyeva Tatiana
- 1-30 Fat Taxes: Big Money for Small Change
by Chouinard Hayley H & Davis David E & LaFrance Jeffrey T & Perloff Jeffrey M
- 1-28 Current and Future Prevalence of Obesity and Severe Obesity in the United States
by Ruhm Christopher J
- 1-27 Willingness to Pay for Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Positive Individuals in India
by Gupta Indrani
- 1-23 The Effect of State Cost Containment Strategies on the Insurance Status and Use of Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) for HIV Infected People
by Ghosh Arkadipta & Sood Neeraj & Leibowitz Arleen
2006, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 1-23 The Labor Market Value of Health Improvements
by Bhattacharya Jay & Lakdawalla Darius Noshir
- 1-33 Who Benefits from New Medical Technologies? Estimates of Consumer and Producer Surpluses for HIV/AIDS Drugs
by Philipson Tomas J & Jena Anupam B
- 1-29 The Value of Elderly Disease Prevention
by Goldman Dana P & Cutler David M & Shang Baoping & Joyce Geoffrey F
- 1-27 Insurance and Incentives for Medical Innovation
by Garber Alan M & Jones Charles I. & Romer Paul
2006, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-24 Is Managed Care Still an Effective Cost Containment Device?
by Shen Yu-Chu & Melnick Glenn
- 1-38 The Business Case for Diabetes Disease Management for Managed Care Organizations
by Beaulieu Nancy & Cutler David M & Ho Katherine & Isham George & Lindquist Tammie & Nelson Andrew & O'Connor Patrick
- 1-25 Adverse Selection in Retiree Prescription Drug Plans
by Goldman Dana P & Joyce Geoffrey & Karaca-Mandic Pinar & Sood Neeraj
- 1-19 Real Output in Mental Health Care during the 1990s
by Berndt Ernst R. & Busch Alisa B. & Frank Richard G. & Normand Sharon-Lise
2005, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-7 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 8
by Cutler David M & Garber Alan M
- 1-32 Welfare Reform and the Health Insurance Coverage of Women and Children
by Cawley John H & Schroeder Mathis & Simon Kosali Ilayperu
- 1-29 The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care
by Baicker Katherine & Chandra Amitabh
- 1-25 Assessing the Impacts of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts (PDUFA) on the FDA Approval Process
by Berndt Ernst R. & Gottschalk Adrian H. B. & Philipson Tomas & Strobeck Matthew W.
- 1-17 Wage and Benefit Changes in Response to Rising Health Insurance
by Goldman Dana P & Sood Neeraj & Leibowitz Arleen
2004, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-5 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 7
by Cutler David M. & Garber Alan M.
- 1-56 Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals for Medicare: Evidence from Germany, the Netherlands, and New Zealand
by Danzon Patricia M. & Ketcham Jonathan D.
- 1-51 An Economic Analysis of Health Plan Conversions: Are They in the Public Interest?
by Beaulieu Nancy Dean
- 1-35 Benefit Plan Design and Prescription Drug Utilization Among Asthmatics: Do Patient Copayments Matter?
by Crown William H. & Berndt Ernst R. & Baser Onur & Finkelstein Stan N. & Witt Whitney P. & Maguire Jonathan & Haver Kenan E.
- 1-22 Disability Forecasts and Future Medicare Costs
by Bhattacharya Jayanta & Cutler David M. & Goldman Dana P. & Hurd Michael D. & Joyce Geoffrey F. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Panis Constantijn W. A. & Shang Baoping
2003, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 6
by Cutler David M. & Garber Alan M.
- 1-34 Health Insurance Expansions and the Content of Coverage: Is Something Better Than Nothing?
by Glied Sherry
- 1-30 Smoking Cessation and Lifestyle Changes
by Picone Gabriel & Sloan Frank
- 1-29 Employee Costs and the Decline in Health Insurance Coverage
by Cutler David M.
- 1-28 Demand Effects of Recent Changes in Prescription Drug Promotion
by Rosenthal Meredith B. & Berndt Ernst R. & Donohue Julie M. & Epstein Arnold M. & Frank Richard G.
2002, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 5
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-52 Effects of Competition Under Prospective Payment on Hospital Costs Among High- and Low-Cost Admissions: Evidence from California, 1983 and 1993
by Meltzer David & Chung Jeanette
- 1-46 Hospital Ownership Conversions: Defining the Appropriate Public Oversight Role
by Sloan Frank A.
- 1-29 The Effects of Medicare on Health Care Utilization and Outcomes
by Lichtenberg Frank R.
- 1-28 CMS Payments Necessary to Support HMO Participation in Medicare Managed Care
by Cawley John & Chernew Michael & McLaughlin Catherine
- 1-22 Tax Credits, the Distribution of Subsidized Health Insurance Premiums, and the Uninsured
by Pauly Mark V. & Herring Bradley & Song David
2001, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 4
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-48 The Health Care Consequences of Smoking and Its Regulation
by Moore Michael J. & Hughes James W.
- 1-35 Creating Price Indexes for Measuring Productivity in Mental Health Care
by Busch Susan H. & Berndt Ernst R. & Frank Richard G.
- 1-31 How Costly Are Smokers to Other People? Longitudinal Evidence on the Near Elderly
by Picone Gabriel & Sloan Frank
- 1-22 Trends in the Use of Intensive Procedures at the End of Life
by Barnato Amber E. & Garber Alan M. & Kagay Christopher R. & McClellan Mark C.
- 1-19 Public Financing and the Market for Long-Term Care
by Lakdawalla Darius & Philipson Thomas
2000, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 3
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-37 The Technology of Birth: Is It Worth It?
by Cutler David M. & Meara Ellen
- 1-34 Why Do Some Firms Spend So Much on Medical Care? Accounting for Variation
by Eichner Matthew & McClellan Mark & Wise David A.
- 1-26 Comparing the Quality of Health Care Providers
by McClellan Mark & Staiger Douglas
- 1-24 What Does HMO Market Share Measure? Examining Provider Choice Restrictions
by Baker Laurence
1998, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-8 Introduction to Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1
by Garber Alan M.
- 1-45 Is Price Inflation Different for the Elderly? An Empirical Analysis of Prescription Drugs
by Berndt Ernst R. & Cockburn Iain M. & Cocks Douglas L. & Epstein Arnold M. & Griliches Zvi
- 1-41 Managed Care and the Growth of Medical Expenditures
by Cutler David M. & Sheiner Louise
- 1-37 Managed Care and Health Care Expenditures: Evidence from Medicare, 1990-1994
by Baker Laurence C. & Shankarkumar Sharmila
- 1-33 Adverse Selection in Health Insurance
by Cutler David M. & Zeckhauser Richard J.
- 1-30 Persistence of Medicare Expenditures among Elderly Beneficiaries
by Garber Alan M. & MaCurdy Thomas E. & McClellan Mark B.