Can small investors exploit the momentum effect?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Financial Markets and Portfolio Management.
Volume (Year): 24 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=119763
Stock market efficiency; Momentum effect; Transaction cost; G14; G11;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Rouwenhorst, 1996.
"International Momentum Strategies,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm36, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2008.
- Terrance Odean, 1998. "Are Investors Reluctant to Realize Their Losses?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1775-1798, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Sam Agyei-Ampomah, 2007. "The Post-Cost Profitability of Momentum Trading Strategies: Further Evidence from the UK," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(4), pages 776-802.
- Xiafei Li & Chris Brooks & Jöelle Miffre, 2007. "Low-Cost Momentum Strategies," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-12, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Zhiwu Chen & Werner Stanzl & Masahiro Watanabe, 2002. "Price Impact Costs and the Limit of Arbitrage," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm251, Yale School of Management, revised 08 Jun 2006.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2000. "Trading Is Hazardous to Your Wealth: The Common Stock Investment Performance of Individual Investors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 773-806, 04.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh, 2001. "Profitability of Momentum Strategies: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 699-720, 04.
- Mizrach, Bruce & Weerts, Susan, 2009.
"Experts online: An analysis of trading activity in a public Internet chat room,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 266-281, May.
- Bruce Mizrach & Susan Weerts, 2004. "Experts Online: An Analysis of Trading Activity in a Public Internet Chat Room," Departmental Working Papers 200412, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- John M. Griffin & Xiuqing Ji & J. Spencer Martin, 2003. "Momentum Investing and Business Cycle Risk: Evidence from Pole to Pole," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2515-2547, December.
- Hans-Peter Burghof & Felix Prothmann, 2011. "The 52-week high strategy and information uncertainty," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 345-378, December.
- Nandkumar Nayar & Ajai Singh & Wen Yu, 2011. "Unraveling a puzzle: the case of value line timeliness rank upgrades," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 379-409, December.
- Laura Andreu & Laurens Swinkels & Liam Tjong-A-Tjoe, 2013. "Can exchange traded funds be used to exploit industry and country momentum?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 127-148, June.
- Nicholas Rueilin Lee, 2012. "Firm ratings, momentum strategies, and crises: evidence from the US and Taiwanese stock markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 449-468, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.