Abatement and Permits when Pollution is Uncertain and Violations are Fined
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Stochastic pollution; Incomplete compliance; Permits and abatement; Fines; Permit markets; Q52; Q28; K32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maeda, Akira, 2003. "The Emergence of Market Power in Emission Rights Markets: The Role of Initial Permit Distribution," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 293-314, November.
- Beavis, Brian & Walker, Martin, 1983. "Achieving environmental standards with stochastic discharges," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 103-111, June.
- Richard Horan, 2001. "Cost-Effective and Stochastic Dominance Approaches to Stochastic Pollution Control," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(4), pages 373-389, April.
- Franz Wirl & Claus Huber & I.O Walker, 1998. "Joint Implementation: Strategic Reactions and Possible Remedies," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 203-224, September.
- Liski, Matti, 2001. "Thin versus Thick CO2 Market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 295-311, May.
- Richard Schmalensee & Paul L. Joskow & A. Denny Ellerman & Juan Pablo Montero & Elizabeth M. Bailey, 1998. "An Interim Evaluation of Sulfur Dioxide Emissions Trading," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 53-68, Summer.
- John Stranlund & Christopher Costello & Carlos Chávez, 2005. "Enforcing Emissions Trading when Emissions Permits are Bankable," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 181-204, 09.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 1999. "Voluntary Compliance with Market-Based Environmental Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Acid Rain Program," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 998-1033, October.
- Malik, Arun S., 2002. "Further Results on Permit Markets with Market Power and Cheating," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 371-390, November.
- Malik, Arun S., 1990. "Markets for pollution control when firms are noncompliant," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 97-106, March.
- Innes, Robert, 2003. "Stochastic pollution, costly sanctions, and optimality of emission permit banking," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 546-568, May.
- Dijkstra, Bouwe R. & Rübbelke, Dirk T.G., 2013.
"Group rewards and individual sanctions in environmental policy,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 38-59.
- Bouwe R. Dijkstra & Dirk T.G. Rübbelke, . "Group rewards and individual sanctions in environmental policy," Discussion Papers 07/01, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Bouwe R. Dijkstra & Dirk T.G. Rübbelke, 2007. "Group Rewards and Individual Sanctions in Environmental Policy," Working Papers 2007.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Pasquale Scandizzo & Odin Knudsen, 2012.
"Risk management and regulation compliance with tradable permits under dynamic uncertainty,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 127-157, February.
- Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo & Odin K Knudsen, 2010. "Risk Management and Regulation Compliance with Tradable Permits under Dynamic Uncertainty," CEIS Research Paper 163, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.