Valuation in the Lab
AbstractExperimental methods have proven useful to explore the power and limits to nonmarket valuation through stated preference methods. We now understand better how people learn about and react to the incentives, institutions, and information created by surveys. This paper briefly reviews topics in experimental valuation, including ex ante bias corrections, ex post bias calibration, and examining the circumstances that strengthen or weaken the economist’s presumption of rational valuation. Copyright Springer 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
valuation; experiments; hypothetical bias; rational choice;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Drichoutis & Rodolfo Nayga & Panagiotis Lazaridis & Beom Park, 2011.
"A Consistent Econometric Test for Bid Interdependence in Repeated Second-Price Auctions with Posted Prices,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(4), pages 329-341, December.
- Drichoutis, Andreas & Nayga, Rodolfo & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Park, Beom Su, 2010. "A consistent econometric test for bid interdependence in repeated second-price auctions with posted prices," MPRA Paper 22564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Gracia, Azucena & Nayga, Rodolfo M., 2013. "Do experimental auction estimates pass the scope test?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 7-17.
- Kiesel Kristin & Villas-Boas Sofia B, 2007.
"Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-40, April.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2007. "Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9sx3j5hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2007. "Got organic milk? Consumer valuations of milk labels after the implementation of the USDA organic seal," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1024, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Jay R. Corrigan & Andreas C. Drichoutis & Jayson L. Lusk & Rodolfo M. Nayga & Matthew C. Rousu, 2012.
"Repeated Rounds with Price Feedback in Experimental Auction Valuation: An Adversarial Collaboration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 97-115.
- Corrigan, Jay & Drichoutis, Andreas & Lusk, Jayson & Nayga, Rodolfo & Rousu, Matt, 2011. "Repeated Rounds with Price Feedback in Experimental Auction Valuation: An Adversarial Collaboration," MPRA Paper 28337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoyos, David, 2010. "The state of the art of environmental valuation with discrete choice experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1595-1603, June.
- van Tongeren, Frank & Beghin, John C. & Marette, Stephan, 2009.
"A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade,"
Staff General Research Papers
13146, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Frank van Tongeren & John Beghin & Stéphane Marette, 2009. "A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 21, OECD Publishing.
- Lawless, Lydia J.R. & Drichoutis, Andreas & Nayga, Rodolfo & Threlfall, Renee T. & Meullenet, Jean-François, 2012. "Identifying product attributes and consumer attitudes that impact willingness-to-pay for a nutraceutical-rich juice product," MPRA Paper 53023, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2014.
- Tran Tuan & Stale Navrud, 2007. "Valuing cultural heritage in developing countries: comparing and pooling contingent valuation and choice modelling estimates," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 51-69, September.
- Fabio Tufano, 2008.
"Are ‘True’ Preferences Revealed in Repeated Markets? An Experimental Demonstration of Context-dependent Valuations,"
2008-12, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Fabio Tufano, 2010. "Are ‘true’ preferences revealed in repeated markets? An experimental demonstration of context-dependent valuations," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Fabio Tufano, 2008. "Are ‘True’ Preferences Revealed in Repeated Markets? An Experimental Demonstration of Context-dependent Valuations," Discussion Papers 2008-12, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Daniel Bjorkegren & Jeffrey Naecker & Antonio Rangel, 2013. "Do Hypothetical Choices and Non-Choice Ratings Reveal Preferences?," NBER Working Papers 19269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marette, Stéphan & Roosen, Jutta & Blanchemanche, Sandrine, 2008. "Health information and substitution between fish: Lessons from laboratory and field experiments," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 197-208, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.