The shadow of death: do regional differences matter for firm survival across native and immigrant entrepreneurs?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 35 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
Firm survival; Regional differences; Duration analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raquel Ortega-ArgilÃ©s & Rosina Moreno, 2007.
"Firm Competitive Strategies and the Likelihood of Survival. The Spanish Case,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2007-05, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Rosina Moreno, 2005. "Firm Competitive Strategies And The Likelihood Of Survival - The Spanish Case," ERSA conference papers ersa05p347, European Regional Science Association.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, 2007.
"New business formation by industry over space and time: A multidimensional analysis,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20306, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2007. "New Business Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multidimensional Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 157-172.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco, 2000. "A note on the relation between size, ownership status and plant's closure: sunk costs vs. strategic size liability," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 421-427, December.
- José Mata & Pedro Portugal, 2001. "The Survival of New Domestic and Foreign Owned Firms," Working Papers w200101, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2003. "New Firm Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multi-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 322, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2004.
"Determinants of entrepreneurship in Europe,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Grilo, I. & Thurik, A.R., 2004. "Determinants Of Entrepreneurship In Europe," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-106-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A matter of life and death: innovation and firm survival," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 1167-1192, December.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. " Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- Veronique A.J.M. Schutjens & Egbert Wever, 2000. "Determinants of new firm success," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 79(2), pages 135-153.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival," LEM Papers Series 2005/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1995. "New Firm Survival: New Results Using a Hazard Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 97-103, February.
- José María Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2010.
"Determinants of Self-Employment Dynamics and their Implications on Entrepreneurial Policy Effectiveness,"
Lecturas de Economía,
Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 72, pages 45-76.
- Millán, José María & Congregado, Emilio & Román, Concepción, 2010. "Determinants of Self-Employment Dynamics and their Implications on Entrepreneurial Policy Effectiveness," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2011.
"The shadow of death: analysing the pre-exit productivity of Portuguese manufacturing firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 337-351, April.
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2009. "The Shadow of Death: Analysing the Pre-Exit Productivity of Portuguese Manufacturing Firms," GEMF Working Papers 2008-05, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Calá, Carla Daniela & Manjón-Antolín, Miguel & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria, 2014.
"The determinants of exit in Argentina: core and peripheral regions,"
NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents
1976, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Calá, Carla Daniela & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C. & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2014. "The Determinants of Exit in Argentina: Core and Peripheral Regions," Working Papers 2072/225299, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Gawlitta, Lars & Kay, Rosemarie, 2010. "Die Opportunitätskosten der sozialen Absicherung beim Wechsel aus dem Arbeitslosengeld I in die Selbstständigkeit: Simulationsrechnungen für ausgewählte Fallgruppen," IfM-Materialien 197, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- José Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2012. "Determinants of self-employment survival in Europe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 231-258, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.