The shadow of death: do regional differences matter for firm survival across native and immigrant entrepreneurs?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 35 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
Firm survival; Regional differences; Duration analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2003. "New Firm Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multi-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 322, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. " Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- José Mata & Pedro Portugal, 2001. "The Survival of New Domestic and Foreign Owned Firms," Working Papers w200101, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Rosina Moreno, 2005.
"Firm Competitive Strategies And The Likelihood Of Survival - The Spanish Case,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p347, European Regional Science Association.
- Raquel Ortega-ArgilÃ©s & Rosina Moreno, 2007. "Firm Competitive Strategies and the Likelihood of Survival. The Spanish Case," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2007-05, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco, 2000. "A note on the relation between size, ownership status and plant's closure: sunk costs vs. strategic size liability," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 421-427, December.
- Grilo, I. & Thurik, A.R., 2004.
"Determinants Of Entrepreneurship In Europe,"
ERS-2004-106-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2004. "Determinants of entrepreneurship in Europe," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival," LEM Papers Series 2005/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A matter of life and death: innovation and firm survival," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 1167-1192, December.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1995. "New Firm Survival: New Results Using a Hazard Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 97-103, February.
- Veronique A.J.M. Schutjens & Egbert Wever, 2000. "Determinants of new firm success," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 79(2), pages 135-153.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2007. "New Business Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multidimensional Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 157-172.
- José María Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2010. "Determinants of Self-Employment Dynamics and their Implications on Entrepreneurial Policy Effectiveness," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 72, pages 45-76.
- José Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2012. "Determinants of self-employment survival in Europe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 231-258, February.
- Gawlitta, Lars & Kay, Rosemarie, 2010. "Die Opportunitätskosten der sozialen Absicherung beim Wechsel aus dem Arbeitslosengeld I in die Selbstständigkeit: Simulationsrechnungen für ausgewählte Fallgruppen," IfM-Materialien 197, IfM - Institut für Mittelstandsforschung Bonn.
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2011.
"The shadow of death: analysing the pre-exit productivity of Portuguese manufacturing firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 337-351, April.
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2009. "The Shadow of Death: Analysing the Pre-Exit Productivity of Portuguese Manufacturing Firms," GEMF Working Papers 2008-05, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.