The Public Interest Theory of Regulation: Non-Existence or Misinterpretation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
theories of regulation; public interest; history of microeconomics; welfare economics; law and economics of regulated industries; regulation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Paul L. Joskow & Roger G. Noll, 1981.
"Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview,"
in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 1-78
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Noll, Roger G., . "Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview," Working Papers 213, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- P. L. Joskow & R. G. Noll, 1978. "Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview," Working papers 218, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Richard A. Posner, 1974.
"Theories of Economic Regulation,"
NBER Working Papers
0041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dilorenzo, Thomas J., 1985. "The origins of antitrust: An interest-group perspective," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 73-90, June.
- Marilyn Young & Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart, 2001. "The Political Economy of the IRS," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 201-220, 07.
- Anderson, Gary M & Tollison, Robert D, 1991. "Congressional Influence and Patterns of New Deal Spending, 1933-1939," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 161-75, April.
- Julie Brux & Claudine Desrieux, 2014. "To allot or not to allot public services? An incomplete contract approach," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 455-476, June.
- Philip O’Regan, 2010. "Regulation, the public interest and the establishment of an accounting supervisory body," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 297-312, November.
- J.A. den Hertog, 2010. "Review of economic theories of regulation," Working Papers 10-18, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Ulusoy, Ali & Oguz, Fuat, 2007. "The privatization of electricity distribution in Turkey: A legal and economic analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5021-5034, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.