The Impact of Interaction and Social Learning on Aggregate Expectations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Social learning; Expectations formation; Network economics; Information contagion; Volatility; D82; D83;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Godes & Dina Mayzlin, 2004. "Using Online Conversations to Study Word-of-Mouth Communication," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 545-560, June.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & José Luis Moraga Gonzales, 2004.
"Economics: An Emerging Small World?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1287, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & José Luis Moraga-Gonzàlez, 2004. "Economics: An Emerging Small World?," Working Papers 2004.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Marco van der Leij & Jose Luis Moraga, 2004. "Economics: An Emerging Small World?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-001/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2001.
"Job Matching, Social Network and Word-of-Mouth Communication,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calvo-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2005. "Job matching, social network and word-of-mouth communication," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 500-522, May.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2001. "Job Matching, Social Network and Word-of-Mouth Communication," Seminar Papers 695, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Job Matching, Social Network and Word-of-Mouth Communication," IZA Discussion Papers 771, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Enrico Zaninotto & Yuri M. Kaniovski & Loris Gaio, 2002.
"On bubbling dynamics generated by a stochastic model of herd behavior,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 525-538.
- Loris Gaio & Yuriy M. Kaniovskyi & Enrico Zaninotto, 1999. "On Bubbling Dynamics Generated by a Stochastic Model of Herd Behavior," ROCK Working Papers 002, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 15 Mar 1999.
- Ellison, Glenn & Fudenberg, Drew, 1995.
"Word-of-Mouth Communication and Social Learning,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 110(1), pages 93-125, February.
- A. Banerjee & Drew Fudenberg, 2010. "Word-of-Mouth Communication and Social Learning," Levine's Working Paper Archive 425, David K. Levine.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Ellison, Glenn, 1995. "Word-of-Mouth Communication and Social Learning," Scholarly Articles 3196300, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Drew Fudenberg, 2010.
"Word of Mouth Learning,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
723, David K. Levine.
- Gale, Douglas & Kariv, Shachar, 2003. "Bayesian learning in social networks," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 329-346, November.
- Bala, V. & Goyal, S., 1995.
"Learning from Neighbors,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 9549-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Rogers, Brian W., 2005.
"The economics of small worlds,"
1214, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Zoran Ivkovich & Scott Weisbenner, 2004. "Information Diffusion Effects in Individual Investors' Common Stock Purchases: Covet Thy Neighbors' Investment Choices," NBER Working Papers 10436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lux, Thomas, 1998. "The socio-economic dynamics of speculative markets: interacting agents, chaos, and the fat tails of return distributions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 143-165, January.
- Cowan,Robin & Jonard,Nicolas, 1999.
"Network Structure and the Diffusion of Knowledge,"
026, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- John Foster & Burkhard Flieth, 2002. "Interactive expectations," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 375-395.
- Laura Veldkamp, 2003.
"Media Frenzies in Markets for Financial Information,"
03-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Laura L. Veldkamp, 2006. "Media Frenzies in Markets for Financial Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 577-601, June.
- Laura Veldkamp, 2004. "Media Frenzies in Markets for Financial Information," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 4, Econometric Society.
- Dina Mayzlin & Judith A. Chevalier, 2003.
"The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm413, Yale School of Management.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Dina Mayzlin, 2003. "The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews," NBER Working Papers 10148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masaaki Kijima & Yoshihiko Uchida, 2005. "A Markov model for valuing asset prices in a dynamic bargaining market," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 277-288.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010.
"A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1193, David K. Levine.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992. "A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006.
"Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory,"
Staff General Research Papers
12514, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 831-880 Elsevier.
- Leigh Tesfatsion, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 527, Society for Computational Economics.
- John Foster, 2000. "Competitive selection, self-organisation and Joseph A. Schumpeter," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 311-328.
- Orlean, Andre, 1995. "Bayesian interactions and collective dynamics of opinion: Herd behavior and mimetic contagion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 257-274, October.
- Money, R. Bruce, 2000. "Word-of-mouth referral sources for buyers of international corporate financial services," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 314-329.
- Bell, William Paul, 2009. "Adaptive interactive expectations: dynamically modelling profit expectations," MPRA Paper 38260, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Feb 2010.
- Bowden, Mark P., 2012. "Information contagion within small worlds and changes in kurtosis and volatility in financial prices," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 553-566.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.