Bayesian quantile regression methods
AbstractThis paper is a study of the application of Bayesian exponentially tilted empirical likelihood to inference about quantile regressions. In the case of simple quantiles we show the exact form for the likelihood implied by this method and compare it with the Bayesian bootstrap and with Jeffreys' method. For regression quantiles we derive the asymptotic form of the posterior density. We also examine Markov chain Monte Carlo simulations with a proposal density formed from an overdispersed version of the limiting normal density. We show that the algorithm works well even in models with an endogenous regressor when the instruments are not too weak. Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996.
"Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1772, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," NBER Technical Working Papers 0200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido & Chamberlain, Gary, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Scholarly Articles 3221493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Yu, Keming & Moyeed, Rana A., 2001. "Bayesian quantile regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 437-447, October.
- Susanne M. Schennach, 2005. "Bayesian exponentially tilted empirical likelihood," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(1), pages 31-46, March.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hong, Han, 2003. "An MCMC approach to classical estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 293-346, August.
- Kottas A. & Gelfand A.E., 2001. "Bayesian Semiparametric Median Regression Modeling," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1458-1468, December.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian, 2006. "Instrumental quantile regression inference for structural and treatment effect models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 491-525, June.
- Dries Benoit & Rahim Alhamzawi & Keming Yu, 2013. "Bayesian lasso binary quantile regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 2861-2873, December.
- Alhamzawi, Rahim & Yu, Keming, 2013. "Conjugate priors and variable selection for Bayesian quantile regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 209-219.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.