Empirical Evidence Of The Influences On First-Price Bid Auction Premiums
AbstractThis study examines the determinants of auction premium using data from a first-price sealed bid auction of Federal Government Landed Properties in Nigeria. The results indicate that the number of bidders and location are important determinants of auction price premiums. These findings are consistent with the auction theory. The empirical estimates also suggest that property type as well as bidder characteristics may also influence auction premiums.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asian Real Estate Society in its journal International Real Estate Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Asia Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph T.L. Ooi & C.F. Sirmans & Geoffrey K. Turnbull, 2006. "Price Formation Under Small Numbers Competition: Evidence from Land Auctions in Singapore," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 34(1), pages 51-76, 03.
- Kenneth M. Lusht, 1996. "A Comparison of Prices Brought by English Auctions and Private Negotiations," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(4), pages 517-530.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Genesove, David, 1992.
"Testing for Price Anomalies in Real-Estate Auctions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 501-05, May.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in real Estate Auctions," Papers 128, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," Working papers 92-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Genesove, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," NBER Working Papers 4036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saidi, Reza & Marsden, James R., 1992. "Number of bids, number of bidders and bidding behavior in outer-continental shelf oil lease auction markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 335-343, May.
- Christopher J. Mayer, 1998. "Assessing the Performance of Real Estate Auctions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 41-66.
- John P. Harding & John R. Knight & C.F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Effects in Hedonic Models: Evidence from the Housing Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 601-622, December.
- John P. Harding & Stuart S. Rosenthal & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Power in the Market for Existing Homes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 178-188, February.
- Ching, Stephen & Fu, Yuming, 2003. "Contestability of the urban land market: an event study of Hong Kong land auctions," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 695-720, October.
- Seow Eng Ong & Kenneth Lusht & Chee Yong Mak, 2005. "Factors Influencing Auction Outcomes: Bidder Turnout, Auction Houses and Market Conditions," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 27(2), pages 177-192.
- Mayer Christopher J., 1995. "A Model of Negotiated Sales Applied to Real Estate Auctions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Rosane Hungria-Gunnelin, 2013. "Impact of Number of Bidders on Sale Price of Auctioned Condominium Apartments in Stockholm," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 274-295.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.