Stock auction bidding behavior and information asymmetries: An empirical analysis using the discriminatory auction model framework
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spindt, Paul A. & Stolz, Richard W., 1989. "The expected stop-out price in a discriminating auction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-137, December.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1995.
"Initial public offerings: International insights,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 139-140, May.
- Yasushi Hamao & Narasimhan Jegadeesh, 1998. "An Analysis of Bidding in the Japanese Government Bond Auctions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 755-772, 04.
- Spindt, Paul A. & Stolz, Richard W., 1992. "Are US treasury bills underpriced in the primary market?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 891-908, September.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon, 1991. "Shareholder Heterogeneity: Evidence and Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 218-21, May.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded & Wohl, Avi, 1999. "The Demand for Stocks: An Analysis of IPO Auctions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 227-47.
- Simon, David P., 1994. "Markups, quantity risk, and bidding strategies at treasury coupon auctions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Bernardo, Antonio E & Cornell, Bradford, 1997. " The Valuation of Complex Derivatives by Major Investment Firms: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 785-98, June.
- Nyborg, Kjell G. & Sundaresan, Suresh, 1996. "Discriminatory versus uniform Treasury auctions: Evidence from when-issued transactions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 63-104, September.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1981. "A Theory of Monopoly Pricing Schemes with Demand Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 347-65, June.
- Back, Kerry & Zender, Jaime F, 1993. "Auctions of Divisible Goods: On the Rationale for the Treasury Experiment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(4), pages 733-64.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 1993. " Treasury Auction Bids and the Salomon Squeeze," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1403-19, September.
- Paul Milgrom & Robert J. Weber, 1981.
"A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding,"
447R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pettway, Richard H. & Kaneko, Takashi, 1996. "The effects of removing price limits and introducing auctions upon short-term IPO returns: The case of Japanese IPOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 241-258, July.
- Yu-Jane Liu & K. C. John Wei & Gwohorng Liaw, 2001. "On the Demand Elasticity of Initial Public Offerings: An Analysis of Discriminatory Auctions," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 151-178.
- Ruth Seow Kuan Tan & Li Li Eng & Andrew Khoo, 1999. "The effects of offering method and trading location on the pricing of IPOs in Singapore," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 491-499.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon, 1992. " Dutch Auction Repurchases: An Analysis of Shareholder Heterogeneity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 71-105, March.
- Pettway, Richard H. & Thosar, Satish & Walker, Scott, 2008. "Auctions versus book-built IPOs in Japan: A comparison of aftermarket volatility," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 224-235, June.
- Sheng, Li, 2010. "Competing or cooperating to host mega events: A simple model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 375-379, January.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Lee, Yi-Tsung & Liu, Yu-Jane, 2007. "IPO auctions and private information," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1483-1500, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.