The Origin Rent-Seeking Concept
AbstractPossibly as a prelude to a mini series of critical review essays, this short paper is intended to revisit and clarify Tullock's contributions to the concept of rent-seeking. Some subsequent contributions are highlighted, so are its implications on social costs and wealth transfers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
rent-seeking; social costs; transfers; political economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B30 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - General
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pyastolov Sergey & Shitenkova Elena, 2012.
"Power – Property Core Of Economic Development: The Cases Of Russia And South Korea,"
Вопросы регулирования экономики,
CyberLeninka & Общество с ограниченной ответственностью «Гуманитарные перспективы», vol. 3(3), pages 93-108.
- Pyastolov, S.M. & Shitenkova, E.V., 2012. "Power – property core of economic development: the cases of Russia and South Korea," MPRA Paper 44452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.