Structural Cointegration Analysis of Private and Public Investment
AbstractA structural cointegration approach is used to investigate the relationship between public and private investment, based on dataseries which include software in the definitions of investment. Empirical evidence for equipment suggests crowding out. However structures shows crowding in, supporting the infrastructure hypothesis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
structural cointegration approach; public investment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E69 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Does public capital crowd out private capital?,"
88-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Smith, Ron P., 1998. "Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9811, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Ron P. Smith, 1998. "Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 471-505, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1995.
"Impulse Response and Forecast Error Variance Asymptotics in Nonstationary VAR's,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1102, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C. B., 1998. "Impulse response and forecast error variance asymptotics in nonstationary VARs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 21-56.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty: Keeping One's Options Open," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1816-1831, December.
- Mills, Terence C, 1998. " Recent Developments in Modelling Nonstationary Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 279-312, July.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Policy Watch: Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 189-198, Fall.
- R. D. Rossiter, 2000. "Fisher Ideal Indexes in the National Income and Product Accounts," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 363-373, December.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 1992. "Impulse response analysis of cointegrated systems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Mamuneas, Theofanis P, 2000. "Intertemporal Output and Employment Effects of Public Infrastructure Capital: Evidence from 12 OECD Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 687-712, July.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1977. "`Crowding out' and the effectiveness of fiscal policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 309-328, June.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios, 1994. "Is government capital productive? Evidence from a panel of seven countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 271-279.
- Hassan B. GHASSAN & Hassan R. ALHAJHOJ, 2012. "Bound Cointegration Test on Private Investment’s Equation: Evidence from Saudi Economy," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1).
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & AlDehailan, Salman, 2009.
"اختبار التكامل المشترك غير الخطي بين الاستثمار الحكومي والاستثمار الخاص في الاقتصاد السعودي
[Test of Non Linear Cointe," MPRA Paper 56376, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Dec 2009.
- Ghassan, Hassan B., 2011. "Public and Private Investment in Saudi Economy: Evidence from Weak Exogeneity and Bound Cointegration Tests," MPRA Paper 56537, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muyambiri, Brian & Chiwira, Oscar & Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Chiranga, Ngonidzashe, 2010. "The Causal Relationship between Private and Public Investment in Zimbabwe," MPRA Paper 26671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Rashid, 2005. "Public / Private Investment Linkages: A Multivariate Cointegration Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 805-817.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.