Livlihood Diversification1 and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan)
AbstractIn this paper attempt has been made: (i) to analyse the opinion poll of Thareies about livilihood and its diversifaction, (ii) to identify the livlihood available resources and attitute of Thareis to these resoures. Answers of the poll questions are analysed accordingly and coclusions are drawn from this analysis. Study reveals that Tharis like agriclture and main source of it is the livestock. It is the sustanable source of income. Agriculture is fail due to shortage of rain fall. Goats and sheep are the main much growing vareites of livestock. Every body want to rear it with intrest because, it is easily saleable and cashable. Attitude of Tharis shows that some people are ready to divert from conventional agriculture and adopt the other opportunity. Therefore awareness of new opportunity is needed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Business Administration in its journal Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS).
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
More information through EDIRC
Livilihood Diversification; Tharparkar; Agroculture; Livestock; Sustanable Source.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gobind M. Herani & Pervez Wasim & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Riaz Ahmed Shaikh, 2008.
"The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence,"
Journal of Global Economy,
Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 4(3), pages 184-195, September.
- Herani, Gobind M & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Wasim, Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdulai, Awudu & CroleRees, Anna, 2001. "Determinants of income diversification amongst rural households in Southern Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 437-452, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faraz Ahmed) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Faraz Ahmed to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.