The costs and benefits of price stability: an assessment of Howitt's rule
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1996)
Issue (Month): Mar ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988.
"The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model,"
RCER Working Papers
155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Macroeconomic Policy and Long-Run Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_113, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- J. Bradford DeLong & Lawrence H. Summers, 1992. "Macroeconomic policy and long-run growth," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-29.
- DeLong, J. Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H., 1992. "Macroeconomic policy and long-run growth," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 93-128.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1989. "Mortality Risk and Bequests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 779-813, July.
- Robert J. Barro, 1995.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H, 1971. "The Uses of Money: Money in the Theory of an Exchange Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 784-805, December.
- Michael Dotsey & Peter Ireland, 1994.
"The welfare cost of inflation in general equilibrium,"
94-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Dotsey, Michael & Ireland, Peter, 1996. "The welfare cost of inflation in general equilibrium," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 29-47, February.
- Clark, Todd E, 1997.
"Cross-country Evidence on Long-Run Growth and Inflation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(1), pages 70-81, January.
- Todd E. Clark, 1993. "Cross-country evidence on long run growth and inflation," Research Working Paper 93-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993.
"The role of macroeconomic factors in growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons & Ralph W. Tryon, 2000.
"Output and inflation in the long run,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
687, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- Laurence Ball, 1994.
"What Determines the Sacrifice Ratio?,"
in: Monetary Policy, pages 155-193
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1990. "Deflating the case for zero inflation," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-11.
- John E. Golob, 1993. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty, and relative price variability: a survey," Research Working Paper 93-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "A primer on cointegration with an application to money and income," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 58-78.
- V.V. Chari & Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 1995. "The growth effects of monetary policy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 18-32.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 1989. "What is an "acceptable" rate of inflation?--a review of the issues," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-15.
- Bernard Fortin & Andre Bernier, 1988. "The Welfare Cost of Unemployment in Quebec: Harberger's Triangle Meets Okun's Gap," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 161-81, February.
- Thomas Beissinger & Chritoph Knoppik, 2005.
"Sind Nominallöhne starr? Neuere Evidenz und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(2), pages 171-188, 05.
- Beissinger, Thomas & Knoppik, Christoph, 2003. "Sind Nominallöhne starr? Neuere Evidenz und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen," IZA Discussion Papers 800, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald Freeman & David Yerger, 2000. "Does inflation lower productivity? Time series evidence on the impact of inflation on labor productivity in 12 OECD nations," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(3), pages 315-332, September.
- Van Els, Peter & Peeters, Marga, 1999.
"De baten van een gemeenschappelijke Europese munt
[The benefits of a common European currency]," MPRA Paper 28714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- António Portugal Duarte, 2005.
"The Portuguese Disinflation Process: Analysis of Some Costs and Benefits,"
- António Duarte, 2009. "The Portuguese Disinflation Process: Analysis of Some Costs and Benefits," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 157-173, May.
- Nicholas Apergis & Stephen M. Miller & Alexandros Panethimitakis & Athanassios Vamvakidis, 2005. "Inflation Targeting and Output Growth: Evidence from Aggregate European Data," Working papers 2005-06, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Beissinger, Thomas, 2003. "Strukturelle Arbeitslosigkeit in Europa : eine Bestandsaufnahme (Structural unemployment in Europe * an inventory)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 36(4), pages 411-427.
- Alex Cukierman, 2002. "Does a Higher Sacrifice Ratio Mean that Central Bank Independence is Excessive?," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 3(1), pages 1-25, May.
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:36:i:4:p:411-427 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roderick Hill, 2000. "Real Income, Unemployment and Subjective Well-Being: Revisiting the Costs and Benefits of Inflation Reduction in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 26(4), pages 399-414, December.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2003.
"Monetary policy transparency: transparent about what?,"
University of Manchester, vol. 71(5), pages 478-497, 09.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2003. "Monetary policy transparency: transparent about what?," Working Papers 2002-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Beissinger, Thomas, 2003. "Strukturelle Arbeitslosigkeit in Europa: Eine Bestandsaufnahme," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 389, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- O'Reilly, B., 1998. "The Benefits of Low Inflation: Taking Shock "A nickel ain't worth a dime any more" [Yogi Berra]," Technical Reports 83, Bank of Canada.
- Karl-Heinz Todter & Gerhard Ziebarth, 1997. "Price Stability vs. Low Inflation in Germany: An Analysis of Costs and Benefits," NBER Working Papers 6170, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.