The multiplier approach to the money supply process: a precautionary note
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): Jul ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to the Total Money Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 303.
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein & Clemens J.M. Kool, 1983. "Forecasting the money multiplier: implications for money stock control and economic activity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 22-33.
- Johannes, James M. & Rasche, Robert H., 1979. "Predicting the money multiplier," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 301-325, July.
- John A. Tatom, 1980. "Issues in measuring an adjusted monetary base," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 11-29.
- Dotsey, Michael, 1988. "The Demand for Currency in the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(1), pages 22-40, February.
- Kenneth C. Carraro & Daniel L. Thornton, 1986. "The cost of checkable deposits in the United States," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 19-27.
- Karl Brunner & Allan H. Meltzer, 1964. "Some Further Investigations Of Demand And Supply Functions For Money," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 240-283, 05.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1982. "Simple analytics of the money supply process and monetary control," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 22-39.
- Anatol Balbach, 1981. "How controllable is money growth," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 3-12.
- Belongia, Michael T & Chalfant, James A, 1989.
"The Changing Empirical Definition of Money: Some Estimates from a Model of the Demand for Money Substitutes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 387-97, April.
- Michael T. Belongia & James A. Chalfant, 1986. "The changing empirical definition of money: some estimates from a model of the demand for money substitutes," Working Papers 1986-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Philip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga58-1.
- Plosser, C.I., 1989.
"Money And Business Cycles A Real Business Cycle Interpretation,"
RCER Working Papers
210, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Charles I. Plosser, 1989. "Money and business cycles: a real business cycle interpretation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Charles I. Plosser, 1991. "Money and Business Cycles: A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 3221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hess, Alan C, 1971. "An Explanation of Short-Run Fluctuations in the Ratio of Currency to Demand Deposits," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 666-79, August.
- Philip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply," NBER Chapters, in: The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply, pages 1-37 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael T. Belongia, 1992. "Selecting an intermediate target variable for monetary policy when the goal is price stability," Working Papers 1992-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jafar HAGHIGHAT, 2011. "How Much Control Dose Central Bank of Iran over Money Supply?," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(7), pages 29, December.
- Gulbin Sahinbeyoglu, 1996. "The Stability of Money Multiplier : A Test for Cointregration," Discussion Papers 9603, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Gabriel Di Bella & David Hauner, 2005. "How Useful Is Monetary Econometrics in Low-Income Countries? The Case of Money Demand and the Multipliers in Rwanda," IMF Working Papers 05/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Prakash Kumar Shrestha Ph.D., 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Money Supply Process in Nepal," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(2), pages 17-42, October.
- Gauger, Jean, 1998. "Economic Impacts on the Money Supply Process," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 553-577, July.
- R.W. Hafer & Joseph H. Haslag & Scott E. Hein, 1994. "Monetary policy and recent business-cycle experience," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 14-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.