Uncertainty and monetary policy
AbstractSince uncertainty is such an important issue for policymakers it should come as no surprise that economists have made a study of its various guises and developed formal techniques to help understand and mitigate its effects. In this Letter I discuss, in broad-brush terms, some of these techniques and their implications for the conduct of monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal FRBSF Economic Letter.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): nov30 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2001.
"Monetary Policy Rules Based on Real-Time Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 964-985, September.
- Mccallum, Bennet T., 1988. "Robustness properties of a rule for monetary policy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 173-203, January.
- Aoki, Kosuke, 2003. "On the optimal monetary policy response to noisy indicators," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 501-523, April.
- Gavin, William T. & Keen, Benjamin D. & Pakko, Michael R., 2009.
"Inflation Risk And Optimal Monetary Policy,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(S1), pages 58-75, May.
- Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2009.
"Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 0(1), pages 119-142.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Sahuc, J-G., 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Working papers 241, Banque de France.
- Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume & Avouyi-Dovi, Sanvi, 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5490, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc & Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi, 2007. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Documents de recherche 07-05, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Giuli, Francesco, 2011.
"Fiscal and monetary interaction under monetary policy uncertainty,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 369-375, June.
- Di Bartolomeo Giovanni & Giuli Francesco, 2009. "Fiscal and monetary interaction under monetary policy uncertainty," wp.comunite 0061, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.