The Impact of China on Latin America and the Caribbean
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tong, Hui, 2007.
"Is China's FDI coming at the expense of other countries?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2005. "Is China's FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?," NBER Working Papers 11335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Openness and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: The Latin American Challenge to East Asian Conventional Wisdom," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Albert Berry, 2001. "When do Agricultural Exports Help the Rural Poor? A Political-economy Approach," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 125-144.
- Sanjaya Lall & John Weiss & Hiroshi Oikawa, 2005.
"China's Competitive Threat to Latin America: An Analysis for 1990-2002,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-194.
- Sanjaya Lall (QEH) and John Weiss, . "China's Competitive Threat to Latin America: An Analysis for 1990-2002," QEH Working Papers qehwps120, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004.
"Fear of China: Is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America?,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio, 2007. "Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-376, March.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?," IDB Publications 45778, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2006. "Fear of China : is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America ?," INTAL Working Papers 1278, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- repec:idb:brikps:54318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eswar Prasad, 2004. "China's Growth and Integration into the World Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 232, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Terheggen, Anne & Tijaja, Julia, 2011. "China as a Final Market: The Gabon Timber and Thai Cassava Value Chains," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1177-1190, July.
- Giorgia Giovannetti, Marco Sanfilippo and Margherita Velucchi, 2012. "The impact of China on manufacturing exports of Italy and Germany," RSCAS Working Papers 2012/26, European University Institute.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo & Margherita Velucchi, 2011. "The “China effect” on EU Exports to OECD markets – A focus on Italy," Working Papers - Economics wp2011_17.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Leonardo Iacovone & L.A. Winters, 2010.
"Trade as an engine of creative destruction: Mexican experience with Chinese competition,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
48914, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Iacovone, Leonardo & Rauch, Ferdinand & Winters, L. Alan, 2013. "Trade as an engine of creative destruction: Mexican experience with Chinese competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 379-392.
- Leonardo Iacovone & Ferdinand Rauch & L. Alan Winters, 2010. "Trade as an Engine of Creative Destruction Mexico experience with Chinese competition," Working Paper Series 0510, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Leonardo Iacovone & Ferdinand Rauch & L. Alan Winters, 2010. "Trade as an Engine of Creative Destruction: Mexican Experience with Chinese Competition," CEP Discussion Papers dp0999, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan & Ramizo, Dorothea & Burmeister, Luca, 2012. "Asia-Latin America Free Trade Agreements: An Instrument for Inter-Regional Liberalization and Integration?," ADBI Working Papers 382, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Deepak Nayyar, 2010. "China, India, Brazil and South Africa in the World Economy: Engines of Growth?," Working Papers id:3039, eSocialSciences.
- Natalia VECHIU, 2010. "Globalization and FDIs: determinants and competition effects in Central and Eastern European Countries," Working Papers 2010-2011_8, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Nov 2010.
- Nayyar, Deepak, 2008. "China, India, Brazil and South Africa in the World Economy: Engines of Growth?," Working Paper Series DP2008/05, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Claudio E. Montenegro & Mariana Pereira & Isidro Soloaga, 2011.
"El efecto de China en el comercio internacional de América Latina,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2 Year 20), pages 341-368, December.
- claudio E. Montenegro & Mariana Pereira & Isdro Soloaga, 2010. "El efecto de China en el comercio internacional de América Latina," Working Papers wp324, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Manning, Stephan & Ricart, Joan E. & Rosatti Rique, Maria Soledad & Lewin, Arie Y., 2010. "From blind spots to hotspots: How knowledge services clusters develop and attract foreign investment," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 369-382, December.
- Manning, Stephan, 2013. "New Silicon Valleys or a new species? Commoditization of knowledge work and the rise of knowledge services clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 379-390.
- Chan, Tze-Haw & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Hooy, Chee Wooi, 2013. "A Macro Assessment of China Effects on Malaysian Exports and Trade Balances," MPRA Paper 48801, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2013.
- Claudio E. Montenegro & Mariana Pereira & Isidro Soloaga, 2010. "China’s effect on Latin America’s international trade," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios EconÃ³micos 2010-08, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Jenkins, Rhys, 2008. "China?s Global Growth and Latin American Exports," Working Paper Series RP2008/104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dic Lo, 2010. "China and World Development beyond the Crisis," Working Papers 167, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.