The economic impacts of China and India on sub-Saharan Africa: Trends and prospects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yongzheng Yang, 2003. "China's Integration into the World Economy: Implications for Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tong, Hui, 2007.
"Is China's FDI coming at the expense of other countries?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2005. "Is China's FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?," NBER Working Papers 11335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Busakorn Chantasasawat & Kwok Chiu Fung & Hitomi Iizaka & Alan Siu, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment in East Asia and Latin America: Is there a People's Republic of China Effect?," IDB Publications 54318, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo (QEH), .
"China’s Competitive Performance: A Threat To East Asian Manufactured Exports?,"
QEH Working Papers
qehwps110, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2004. "China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1441-1466, September.
- Barry Eichengreen & Yeongseop Rhee & Hui Tong, 2004. "The Impact of China on the Exports of Other Asian Countries," NBER Working Papers 10768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Shafaeddin, S. M., 2004. "Is China's accession to WTO threatening exports of developing countries?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 109-144, January.
- Andrea Goldstein & Nicolas Pinaud & Helmut Reisen, 2006. "The Rise of China and India: What's in it for Africa?," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 19, OECD Publishing.
- Mustafa Yavuz Cakir & Alain Kabundi, 2011.
"Trade Shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A Global VAR Analysis,"
250, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Çakır, Mustafa Yavuz & Kabundi, Alain, 2013. "Trade shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A global VAR analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 190-202.
- Reynolds, Travis W. & Farley, Joshua & Huber, Candice, 2010. "Investing in human and natural capital: An alternative paradigm for sustainable development in Awassa, Ethiopia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2140-2150, September.
- Silvia Nenci & Pierluigi Montalbano, 2011. "Trade patterns and trade clusters: China, India, Brazil and South Africa in the global trading," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0125, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Co, Catherine Y. & Dimova, Ralitza, 2014. "Preferential Market Access into the Chinese Market: How Good is it for Africa?," IZA Discussion Papers 7908, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2011.
"Growth by Destination (Where You Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 23(2), pages 202-218.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2010. "Growth by Destination (Where you Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries," ICER Working Papers 22-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jenkins, Rhys, 2008. "Measuring the Competitive Threat from China," Working Paper Series RP2008/11, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Simplice A. Asongu & Gilbert A.A. Aminkeng, 2013.
"The economic consequences of China--Africa relations: debunking myths in the debate,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 261-277, November.
- Asongu, Simplice A & Aminkeng, Gilbert A. A, 2013. "The Economic Consequences of China-Africa Relations: Debunking Myths in the Debate," MPRA Paper 48468, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice & Aminkeng Gilbert, 2013. "The Economic Consequences of China-Africa Relations: Debunking Myths in the Debate," Working Papers 13/020, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2012. "The national bioenergy investment model: Technical documentation," MPRA Paper 37835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fessehaie, Judith, 2012. "What determines the breadth and depth of Zambia's backward linkages to copper mining? The role of public policy and value chain dynamics," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 443-451.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.