Certification and Communities: Alternatives for Regulating the Environmental and Social Impacts of Shrimp Farming
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Tania Murray, 2002. "Engaging Simplifications: Community-Based Resource Management, Market Processes and State Agendas in Upland Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 265-283, February.
- Ponte, Stefano, 2002. "The 'Latte Revolution'? Regulation, Markets and Consumption in the Global Coffee Chain," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1099-1122, July.
- David Boselie & Spencer Henson & Dave Weatherspoon, 2003. "Supermarket Procurement Practices in Developing Countries: Redefining the Roles of the Public and Private Sectors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1155-1161.
- Cashore Benjamin & Auld Graeme & Newsom Deanna, 2004. "The United States' Race to Certify Sustainable Forestry: Non-State Environmental Governance and the Competition for Policy-Making Authority," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-43, May.
- Flaherty, Mark & Vandergeest, Peter & Miller, Paul, 1999. "Rice Paddy or Shrimp Pond: Tough Decisions in Rural Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2045-2060, December.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Taylor, Peter Leigh, 2005. "In the Market But Not of It: Fair Trade Coffee and Forest Stewardship Council Certification as Market-Based Social Change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 129-147, January.
- Raynolds, Laura T., 2004. "The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 725-743, May.
- Christophe Béné, 2005. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Discourse, Policy Controversies and the Role of Science in the Politics of Shrimp Farming Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 23(5), pages 585-614, 09.
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Beck, Tony & Nesmith, Cathy, 2001. "Building on Poor People's Capacities: The Case of Common Property Resources in India and West Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 119-133, January.
- Tran, Nhuong & Bailey, Conner & Wilson, Norbert & Phillips, Michael, 2013. "Governance of Global Value Chains in Response to Food Safety and Certification Standards: The Case of Shrimp from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 325-336.
- McCarthy, John F. & Gillespie, Piers & Zen, Zahari, 2012. "Swimming Upstream: Local Indonesian Production Networks in “Globalized” Palm Oil Production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 555-569.
- Iizuka, Michiko, 2009.
"Standards as a platform for innovation and learning in the global economy: a case study of Chilean salmon farming industry,"
MERIT Working Papers
004, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Iizuka, Michiko, 2009. "Standards as a platform for innovation and learning in the global economy: a case study of Chilean salmon farming industry," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 004, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Belton, Ben & Haque, Mohammad Mahfujul & Little, David C. & Sinh, Le Xuan, 2011. "Certifying catfish in Vietnam and Bangladesh: Who will make the grade and will it matter?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 289-299, April.
- Anh, Pham Thi & Kroeze, Carolien & Bush, Simon R. & Mol, Arthur P.J., 2010. "Water pollution by intensive brackish shrimp farming in south-east Vietnam: Causes and options for control," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 872-882, June.
- Islam, Md. Saidul, 2008. "From pond to plate: Towards a twin-driven commodity chain in Bangladesh shrimp aquaculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 209-223, June.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Michiko Iizuka, 2008. "Standards compliance as an alternative learning opportunity under globalization in Latin America," SPRU Working Paper Series 172, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Hatanaka, Maki, 2010. "Certification, Partnership, and Morality in an Organic Shrimp Network: Rethinking Transnational Alternative Agrifood Networks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 706-716, May.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Iizuka, Michiko, 2012. "Openness to international markets and the diffusion of standards compliance in Latin America. A multi level analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 201-215.
- World Bank, 2009. "Local Government Discretion and Accountability : Application of a Local Governance Framework," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12588, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.