Challenges to Proponents of Common Property Recource Systems: Despairing Voices from the Social Forests of Zimbabwe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 29 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- repec:wop:alresp:9805 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Marks, Stuart A., 1995. "Transforming rural hunters into conservationists: An assessment of community-based wildlife management programs in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 941-957, June.
- Peter H. Pearse, 1988. "Property Rights and the Development of Natural Resource Policies in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 14(3), pages 307-320, September.
- Roe, Emery M., 1995. "More than the politics of decentralization: Local government reform, district development and public administration in Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 833-843, May.
- Will Cavendish, 1999. "The complexity of the commons: Environmental resource demands in rural Zimbabwe," CSAE Working Paper Series 1999-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- William Cavendish, 1999. "Empirical regularities in the poverty-environment relationship of African rural households," CSAE Working Paper Series 1999-21, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Lund, Jens Friis & Treue, Thorsten, 2008. "Are We Getting There? Evidence of Decentralized Forest Management from the Tanzanian Miombo Woodlands," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2780-2800, December.
- Beard, Victoria A., 2007. "Household Contributions to Community Development in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 607-625, April.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Liu, Yang & Rozelle, Scott & Polasky, Stephen & Wang, Jingxia, 2009.
"The Effects of Well Management and the Nature of the Aquifer on Groundwater Resources,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
49920, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Qiuqiong Huang & Jinxia Wang & Scott Rozelle & Stephen Polasky & Yang Liu, 2013. "The Effects of Well Management and the Nature of the Aquifer on Groundwater Resources," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(1), pages 94-116.
- Babar Shahbaz & Gimbage Mbeyale & Tobias Haller, 2008. "Trees, trust and the state: a comparison of participatory forest management in Pakistan and Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 641-653.
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Poteete, Amy & Ostrom, Elinor, 2003.
"In pursuit of comparable concepts and data about collective action:,"
CAPRi working papers
29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Poteete, Amy R. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2004. "In pursuit of comparable concepts and data about collective action," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 215-232, December.
- Agrawal, Arun & Chhatre, Ashwini, 2006. "Explaining success on the commons: Community forest governance in the Indian Himalaya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 149-166, January.
- Rucha Ghate, . "Ensuring 'Collective Action' in 'Participatory' Forest Management," Working papers 73, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Blaikie, Piers, 2006. "Is Small Really Beautiful? Community-based Natural Resource Management in Malawi and Botswana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1942-1957, November.
- Perez-Cirera, Vanessa & Lovett, Jon C., 2006. "Power distribution, the external environment and common property forest governance: A local user groups model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 341-352, September.
- Floriane Clement, 2010. "Analysing decentralised natural resource governance: proposition for a “politicised” institutional analysis and development framework," Policy Sciences, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 129-156, June.
- Bhim Adhikari, . "Property Rights and Natural Resources: Socio-Economic Heterogeneity and Distributional Implications of Common Property Resource Management," Working papers 75, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- Matta, Jagannadha R. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R., 2006. "Perceptions of collective action and its success in community based natural resource management: An empirical analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 274-284, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.